JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will in Spielberg's "Chicago 7"?

JusticeKnight

Here's the interview:

http://www.imdiversity.com/Villages/Africa..._seale_0708.asp

KW: Yep. I’m going to write-up every word of this conversation.

BS: Have you heard about the Spielberg film? He’s make a drama call The Trial of the Chicago 7. Guess who he has playing me?

KW: Jeffrey Wright again?

BS: Nope, Will Smith. And Kevin Spacey will be playing one of the attorneys.

This is going to be a big Hollywood production. So, I need to publish “The Eighth Defendant.” by the time the movie is released.

Edited by Ale

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an interview with Bobby Seale in an swedish film magazine where they talked some about the movie. It's prob. just a part of some bigger interview from some other magazine....

He said something like: Have you heard about the new Spielberg film? He is going to make a movie called The Trial of the Chicago 7. Guess who is going to play me?

And the interviewer said something like Sam Jackson or something like that...

Bobby replied: No, Will Smith...

And the interviewer told him what Will had said, the quote "I doubt I will be in it. Or probably not, anyway". And Bobby Said something like: I need to talk to him!

I really hope he does talk to him, and get him to do the movie!

thanx, but it was much more about the movie, with the quote from Will and all of that. Maybe it was taken from two different interviews...

• 2 weeks later...

Spielberg no longer directing 'Chicago 7'

Thursday, August 7 2008, 19:29 BST

By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

Steve Spielberg will no longer direct The Trial Of The Chicago 7, reports MovieWeb.

Sacha Baron Cohen had been persuaded by Spielberg to play political campaigner Abbie Hoffman in the film, which is based around eight Vietnam protesters accused of inciting a riot at the 1968 Democrat party convention.

Producer Walter F. Parkes explained that the director had quit the project due to the WGA strike and his commitment to the upcoming Tintin film.

"He is not going to do it," Parkes noted. "He kind of had a moment of availability to do it, and the strike got in the way. We were unable to do the script work that Steven felt he needed and then, by the time the strike was over, he had already committed himself to begin production on Tintin.

"It's not inconceivable that he would come back, but for now, he's had to move on to Tintin, which is something that he's been working on for 20 years."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a120207...-chicago-7.html

• 2 months later...

Ben Stiller to Direct in The Trial of the Chicago 7?

Is Ben Stiller's directing career taking a dramatic turn?

According to The Hollywood Reporter, The Trial of the Chicago 7 "DreamWorks project about the 1968 riots at the Democratic convention and their aftermath" is on the fast track and the funnyman is in talks to direct the project for the studio.

The talks with Stiller are currently in "the exploratory stage" as "the newly configured" DreamWorks and the actor are talking about whether this cinematic pairing would work for both parties.

Stiller is mainly noted for creating such comedies as Tropic Thunder and Zoolander.

After DreamWorks and Paramount Pictures parted company, Dreamworks took over "development of the project." Written by The West Wing Aaron Sorkin this is one of projects that DreamWorks wants to get into production as soon as possible.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NENdaVNPvw19QW