JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Barack Obama

Schnazz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been a shakeup in Clinton's staff.

Staff and responsibility changes are in the works in the Clinton campaign. Several sources indicate that people will come in and layer several of the prominent staffers responsible for the Iowa and New Hampshire strategy. Those likely to be layered include Mark Penn, Mandy Grunwald, Patti Solis Doyle -- and possibly Howard Wolfson.

Clinton co-chair Terry McAuliffe hinted at upcoming changes in an interview on MSNBC at 12:30 pm, when I asked:

Q: Can you sit here today and tell us that your campaign will have the same players ... coming out of New Hampshire as going in?

McAuliffe: Everyone who is in the campaign today will be in the campaign...

Q: Will they have new bosses? James Carville? Paul Begala ? The dream team from 1992?

McAuliffe: I would hope James would come in. He's been making a fortune on CNN -- I'd love to get him on board. We want everybody who believes in Hillary to come in and help in this campaign.

Q: I'm smelling a shakeup in the Clinton campaign.

McAuliffe: We'll bring in more people to help us. We're about to head into Feb 5th, 23 states. From day one, this campaign, and Hillary, has given strict instructions: Anyone who wants to come in can help us. I think a lot of people now, seeing the situation we're in, love Hillary, adore Hllary, want her to be president, are going to come in and say, I'm going to come in and help Hillary. That's natural in a campaign.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/200.../08/559253.aspx

Here's another one...

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (CNN) -- New Hampshire voters turned out in higher-than-expected numbers to vote in Tuesday's presidential primaries, with a sizable chunk making decisions on who to support at the last minute, according to early exit polls.

Voters register to take part in the primary in Manchester, New Hampshire.

1 of 3 more photos » Eighteen percent of Republicans and 15 percent of Democrats said they picked their candidate on Election Day.

The state's governor predicted a record turnout for the first-in-the-nation presidential primary as candidates zigzagged across the New England state trying to influence undecided voters.

Gov. John Lynch said he expects half a million people to vote.

The governor's prediction followed record-breaking numbers in last week's Iowa Democratic and Republican caucuses.

The results of Tuesday's voting could have huge implications in the Democratic and GOP races.

New Hampshire's independent voters, who make up about 40 percent of the electorate, could throw a surprise into the primary. A CNN-WMUR poll Sunday found independent voters split almost evenly between the parties this year.

Despite months of campaigning and millions of dollars spent on advertising, more than 20 percent of respondents on both sides said they either had not yet decided on a candidate or are open to changing their minds before voting, the poll found.

A wide open race in both parties and unseasonably mild temperatures could be contributing to the long lines at voting locations across the state.

"We've had unbelievable turnout for a primary," said I-Reporter Cynthia Gunn of Bow, New Hampshire. "It's a perfect voting day."

"Any other time we'd be having to shuttle a lot of people around, but people don't have a lot of excuses not to get out and vote today," said Gunn, a supporter of Sen. Barack Obama.

New Hampshire Deputy Secretary of State Dave Scanlan said high turnout at polling stations is forcing the New Hampshire secretary of state's office to send more ballots to some polling locations, including Hampton Falls, Portsmouth, Keene, Hudson and Pelham.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/08/nh.main/index.html

yea..i agree..should be very interesting. I will say this though, I am seriously disappointed with the quality of candidates. After all we have gone through in the past , you would think somebody would get it right.

Really? Wow. At least on the democratic side, I'm thrilled with the quality of the candidates.

yea..i agree..should be very interesting. I will say this though, I am seriously disappointed with the quality of candidates. After all we have gone through in the past , you would think somebody would get it right.

Really? Wow. At least on the democratic side, I'm thrilled with the quality of the candidates.

Yeah, I also think the quality of the candidates is top notch. Chief, anything in particular you don't like?

Edited by MaxFly

Yeah, I also think the quality of the candidates is top notch. Chief, anything in particular you don't like?

I'm guessing it's the republicans. :)