JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith's thoughts on hitler

Ale

can we just let this die yet....please?.... :sinking:

maybe it just me but, com'n, we all realize what will said, and we all realize that people misconstrued it. what else needs to be said? Will knows hitler was a bad guy end of story. but Will is smart enough to realize that people's own twisted minds lead to their downfall.

people are just looking for controversy...don't promote it...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moreover, I expect an immediate apology from the Jewish Defense League for their recent comments. It's pathetic and disgusting that groups like these tend to jump at these sorts of stories without confirmation or a clear understanding of the comments that were made.

You simply can't condemn somone and then say "oops." You can't call for their movie to be removed from movie theaters and then say "oops." I expect their apology to be no less public and lengthy than their repudiation.

I think that the JDL still pretty mad at Will...

and again... there are subjects that it's better not to touch them at all, Will made his mess and he should know that there are subjects that it's better not to stick there head to...

I don't care if the JDL is still mad at Will... they took the words of a GOSSPIP COLUMN and ran with it. They did not check to see if Will's comments were minconstrued. They did not seek comment from Will to clarify the matter. They did not wait to see if Will would comment on his own. They did not look for a secondary yet original source to corroborate the first. It should be abundantly clear to everyone, and especially to you, willreign, that they did not care about the truth in this matter. They saw a sensationalized headline and jumped on it to further their agenda. They did not stop to worry about whether it was even true or not. They did not hold back in the character assassination of an innocent person. I think that kind of behavior is highly irresponsible... and personally... disgusting.

Willreign, it's like me telling everyone on JJFP a lie about you and then those people comdening you right away without further evidence... calling you to be banned from the site. You would not like it... Moreover, it would be even worse if they were to find out that the story I made up about you was false, yet refused to apologize to you for their rash and unfair behavior.

it's not like that I'm sorry!

they quoted him correctly, and then published what they understood from that quote!

Will didn't say they miss quoted him, he said they didn't understand him. right?

it's not like you telling a lie on me, it's like I right something and you don't understand me like I want you to say.

I'm sure the JDL read the quote more then they read the head line.

the disgusting thing was to mention Hitler in any way there is, this is disgusting, the JDL just offended and acted there own way, any other community was out on the streets starting fire every where and look for the blame to burn him.

go in statement to the press is disgusting? it is very honorable I think. they will do the math and decide.

the disgusting thing was to mention Hitler in any way there is, this is disgusting.

How is mentioning Hitler disgusting? Having you're words about Hitler taken out of context by naive people who can't comprehend a quote is what is disgusting about this situation. People shouldn't have to stray away from difficult subjects, just so they don't get ridiculed because other people haven't understood what they said.

they quoted him correctly, and then published what they understood from that quote!

No they did not, and they still don't.

On their front page it says: "Will Smith Thinks Hitler Was Basically Good?" Will did not say "Hitler Was Basically Good."

The JDL also says that "Will Smith’s apology is enough..." Which wrong, Will did not apologize for his comments.

Will didn't say they miss quoted him, he said they didn't understand him. right?

it's not like you telling a lie on me, it's like I right something and you don't understand me like I want you to say.

I think that may be what you're missing out on, and where the confusion stems from. They did not publish what they "understood from that quote." They purposfully used it and twisted it to make it sound as if he said something that he didn't say and didn't believe. No where in Will's quote did Will say that he believes Hitler was a good person, but somehow, that became the headline of the gossip article. So understand this clearly... they didn't misunderstand him... they purposefully twisted what he said so that they could get a sensational headline out of it.

I'm sure the JDL read the quote more then they read the head line.

If that's the case, whoever runs that organization needs to refresh their reading skills. They are either highly ignorant or they jumped at this opportunity to further their agenda.

the disgusting thing was to mention Hitler in any way there is, this is disgusting, the JDL just offended and acted there own way, any other community was out on the streets starting fire every where and look for the blame to burn him.

go in statement to the press is disgusting? it is very honorable I think. they will do the math and decide.

No, it's not disgusting to mention Hitler. Let's settle that right now, because I don't want to have to address this again. Upwards of a million American men and women either died or were wounded in World War II. If it were not for the US intervention, the Allies would not have won the War. We have more than earned the right to talk about Hitler. I understand that it is a sensitive subject for Jewish people, but there is a point where one can become overly sensitive, and Will Smith's comments may very well be that point.

He did not address Hitler in a flattering way, he did not say he was good. If you disagree with the comments he made, you're free to do that and argue the merits of the comment... but do not lie about what the man said.

And yes, putting out a press statement comdemning someone for saying something he clearly did not say is disgusting. Moreover, refusing to apologize for the comdemnation is utterly disgusting. When you realize you're wrong, own up to it.

And I want to also make this clear... this isn't just a Will thing... it goes for anyone... whether it be Tom Cruise or Flava Flav. Regardless of who it's done to, it's wrong.

i don't know why we're still discussing this... but i just realized that we actually have one of the most intelligent and forums in all the internet.

we should actually be proud of the fact that everyone involved in this thread has spoken respectfully and intelligently about this subject. it just goes to show that smart music begets smart people, and respectful friends...

:clap2:

And so start the apologies...

HOLLYWOOD - On December 23, the World Entertainment News Network (WENN) issued an erroneous and dangerous statement attributed to Will Smith about Adolf Hitler being a 'good person.' This report was false and misleading. The quotes attributed to Mr. Smith misrepresented Mr. Smith's actual remarks. We take full responsibility for the dissemination of this story around the world. We offer Mr. Smith a sincere apology and deeply regret the personal stress this has caused him and his family.

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/...mp;#entry172767

Credit goes to gosia for the article.

For anyone who's confused, this is the network that actually published the original gossip article. They're the ones who wrote the story. So the people who actually published the story are apologizing because they realized that their own published work was "false and misleading. The quotes attributed to Mr. Smith misrepresented Mr. Smith's actual remarks." Note that they didn't say misinterpreted... this wasn't some sort of misunderstanding... They said "misrepresented," meaning represented falsely.

Wilreign, do you have any idea when the JDL will be apologize? Will that be soon?