JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith's thoughts on hitler

Ale

Moreover, I expect an immediate apology from the Jewish Defense League for their recent comments. It's pathetic and disgusting that groups like these tend to jump at these sorts of stories without confirmation or a clear understanding of the comments that were made.

You simply can't condemn somone and then say "oops." You can't call for their movie to be removed from movie theaters and then say "oops." I expect their apology to be no less public and lengthy than their repudiation.

Their reputation lol, isn't the JDL regarded as an extremist terrorist organization by the CIA & FBI as well as the ADL ?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moreover, I expect an immediate apology from the Jewish Defense League for their recent comments. It's pathetic and disgusting that groups like these tend to jump at these sorts of stories without confirmation or a clear understanding of the comments that were made.

You simply can't condemn somone and then say "oops." You can't call for their movie to be removed from movie theaters and then say "oops." I expect their apology to be no less public and lengthy than their repudiation.

Their reputation lol, isn't the JDL regarded as an extremist terrorist organization by the CIA & FBI as well as the ADL ?

I've heard something like that. Still want an apology though. lol

I've heard something like that. Still want an apology though. lol

I don't know if you've read the topic at Rottentomatoes,

some guys actually mailed the JDL and got responses LOL.

In its report Terrorism 2000/2001, the FBI referred to the organization as a "violent extremist Jewish organization."[4] The Terrorism Knowledge Base states that during the JDL's first two decades of activity, it was an "active terrorist organization."[2] That same source states that the JDL does not currently engage in terrorist actions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Defense_League

ok so a bunch of terrorists are attacking Will for what he said, its a crazy world. have u got the link for the rotten tomatoes topic, i cant seem to find it.

ADL Accepts Actor Will Smith's Clarification on Hitler Remark

New York, NY, December 26, 2007 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today welcomed and accepted actor Will Smith's clarifying statement that Adolf Hitler was "a vile, heinous, vicious killer" and not someone to be held up as a good person.

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:

We welcome and accept Will Smith's statement that Hitler was a 'vicious killer' and that he did not mean for his remarks about the Nazi leader to be mistaken as praise. Once Smith realized that his remarks may have been misunderstood, he took immediate steps to clarify his words and unequivocally condemn Hitler as an evil person. We would have expected no less from a celebrity of his standing in the strata of Hollywood stardom.

Edited by Sandy

New York, NY, December 26, 2007 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today welcomed and accepted actor Will Smith's clarifying statement that Adolf Hitler was "a vile, heinous, vicious killer" and not someone to be held up as a good person.

We welcome and accept Will Smith's statement that Hitler was a 'vicious killer' and that he did not mean for his remarks about the Nazi leader to be mistaken as praise. Once Smith realized that his remarks may have been misunderstood, he took immediate steps to clarify his words and unequivocally condemn Hitler as an evil person. We would have expected no less from a celebrity of his standing in the strata of Hollywood stardom.

There is a member at RT that wrote this in reply of the ADL article which I really liked and sums up my thought.

It's nice to see the ADL's acceptance of Smith's "clarification," but in all honesty, only fools, and zealots would need clarification. His comments were quite clear, and whether one agrees with the actual comments or not, we can all be certain that they were taken out of context.

What I find a little disturbing is that the ADL seems more concerned with Smith's condemnation of Hitler than the fact that what he said was been grossly mischaracterized. They seem to have left out a few parts of his response, and in doing so, made is seem as if the statements he made were unclear, letting those who unfairly mischaracterized his statements off the proverbial hook.

"It is an awful and disgusting lie... It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous misinterpretation."

At least Smith didn't. Ouch.

There is a member at RT that wrote this in reply of the ADL article which I really liked and sums up my thought.

It's nice to see the ADL's acceptance of Smith's "clarification," but in all honesty, only fools, and zealots would need clarification. His comments were quite clear, and whether one agrees with the actual comments or not, we can all be certain that they were taken out of context.

What I find a little disturbing is that the ADL seems more concerned with Smith's condemnation of Hitler than the fact that what he said was been grossly mischaracterized. They seem to have left out a few parts of his response, and in doing so, made is seem as if the statements he made were unclear, letting those who unfairly mischaracterized his statements off the proverbial hook.

"It is an awful and disgusting lie... It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous misinterpretation."

You stalking me, Ty?

But yeah... reading the ADL's remark left a bad taste in my mouth... It came off almost like...

"Alright guys, we can all go home now... Will Smith finally admitted that Hitler was evil."

"Sir, I believe his comments were taken out of context. Shouldn't we acknowledge that was well?"

"Nah, that's too much work."

You stalking me, Ty?

But yeah... reading the ADL's remark left a bad taste in my mouth... It came off almost like...

"Alright guys, we can all go home now... Will Smith finally admitted that Hitler was evil."

"Sir, I believe his comments were taken out of context. Shouldn't we acknowledge that was well?"

"Nah, that's too much work."

Exactly.

They discussed it on fox news here and even they started putting words in Wills mouth, especially that silly bitch at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2uGMkAWC1s

"how dare he try to understand Hitler" , im sorry but have a lot of people tried to understand what went on in the mind of Hitler, only when we understand it we can try to stop it happening again.

I think that the JDL still pretty mad at Will...

and again... there are subjects that it's better not to touch them at all, Will made his mess and he should know that there are subjects that it's better not to stick there head to...