JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith's thoughts on hitler

Ale

at what point did he say "Hitler was a good person" ?...he didn't. just like he didn't say Willow wants to be Paris Hilton. :shakehead: seriously, people need to stop printing what they wanna print and hearing what they wanna hear. it never ceases to amaze me how far people will go for bad press these days.

original source? page six. need I say more?

http://www.pagesix.com/story/will+smith+hi...was+good+person

Did they just take the news back ? It says access denied.

I guess the editor got too much negative feedback and had to take it down.

probably worried about getting sued.

I couldn't agree with what this guy says more though:

http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofa...ng-hit-job/1309

Thanks for that link ash, great read.

Will is a nice guy, sometimes too nice, but he should get the best lawyers and just straight put those journalist in hell so they can feel the pain of their actions.

I know he probably won't, for the same reason he made those comments.

Though I can't believe even yahoo would credit the title as ''Smith: Hitler was a good person''. It just baffles me to see how humans think, if at all. With all that is going on lately with the media and Will, makes me think about his future movie Empire. How easy it is to manipulate mindless people that can't make up what they read. How easy it is to sell lies. I'm actually more pissed with the readers then I am with the writers. Reading that and not fully understanding it and blaming Will for things he never said, that's something I have a problem with, I just can't comprehend that. It's like that quote says: ''only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.''

Let's see what else comes up from this story.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This has got to be one of the most annoying threads ever. How can there be so much misunderstanding?? Seriously dude, are you not understanding what these guys are trying to explain? The thing is everyones viewpoint is the same! Its just getting lost somewhere!!

Let's see, willreign. You are annoying me, ok? Ok... Now read this, I'll give you some time. Here we go:

"Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'Let me do the most evil thing I can do today'."

I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good'. Stuff like that just needs reprogramming."

Where the hell does Mr. Willard Christopher Smith say Hitler was a good person??? WHERE??? Tell me, please. I'm all ears.

Will's reply

Over the weekend, dozens of celebrity gossip Web sites posted articles about the comment, many saying that Smith believed that Hitler was a "good" person.

"It is an awful and disgusting lie," Smith said in a statement Monday provided by his publicist. "It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous misinterpretation."

"Adolf Hitler was a vile, heinous vicious killer responsible for one of the greatest acts of evil committed on this planet," read the statement.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jlc94tb...N3PILwD8TO83GG0

by this article : http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jlc94tb...N3PILwD8TO83GG0

will basically say that he didn't said it?

they wrote exactly what Will said. right? the way they interpretation was the way they understand the text all over the world if I get it right.

and I think the damage has done already.

Edited by willreign

Im glad Will responded to what was said how he did. He often lets things go but i guess he was so mad by this misinterpretation he had to do something.

I just hope the press dont start on Will, he seems to be getting more stupid rumours lately.

They wrote what he said but with a title that say "Will thinks Hitler is a good person" which is leading the reader to misinterpret.

Good for Will to respond to this! I hate when people put words in the mouth of others, (even if it's a friend of mine) But as I said, once a lie is on the media the damage is done ...time will tell.

"Adolf Hitler was a vile, heinous vicious killer responsible for one of the greatest acts of evil committed on this planet," read the statement. Well, I think most of us read this with his first words. If the person who wrote that article wasn't sure about what Will wanted to say with his words...why not to ask him please to explain it better? It wasn't that difficult!!

Will Smith is angry over celebrity gossip Web site articles that he said misinterpreted a recent remark he made in a Scottish newspaper about Adolf Hitler.

Hmmmm... that's what most of us here were saying from the beginning

"It is an awful and disgusting lie," Smith said in a statement Monday provided by his publicist. "It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous misinterpretation."

Oh... that's what most of us were saying from the beginning.

"Adolf Hitler was a vile, heinous vicious killer responsible for one of the greatest acts of evil committed on this planet," read the statement.

Oh, look... that's what most of us were saying from the beginning. Lol...

I think that there are subjects that just good not to couch them...

We should never shy away from difficult subjects... but... I'm going to close this thread. Today is Christmas day. Lets try to get along in peace and harmony for at least one day. I'll re-open both threads tomorrow and merge this one with the other.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Admin

I think this whole Hitler debarcle is a clear example of journalists trying to take someone down.. Theres been a few attempts at this. misquoting Will to try and say he had an open marriage, then suggesting he was into scientology and then finally trying to make people believe he said hitler was a good person.. All completely untrue and all an attempt to sully Will Smith's names. I hope Wil's laywers take some serious action on this one.

Moreover, I expect an immediate apology from the Jewish Defense League for their recent comments. It's pathetic and disgusting that groups like these tend to jump at these sorts of stories without confirmation or a clear understanding of the comments that were made.

You simply can't condemn somone and then say "oops." You can't call for their movie to be removed from movie theaters and then say "oops." I expect their apology to be no less public and lengthy than their repudiation.