Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hancock trailer is here!

viber_91

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is off here. They are marketing it with the teaser like it's comedy,

but from everything up until this teaser everything pointed towards a dramedy, with influences of all genres. And the biggest thing that made it feel like ''corny'' as some said was the rap song they used. I mean charlize, Will, director all said this is not some sort of comedy, it's a drama with influences of a lot of genres.This is the reason IAL worked, it played on all genres, the trailer really had you from the moment. This feels more like ''my super ex-girlfriend'' then it does like ''Superman 3 (you know where S goes evil)''.

I still enjoyed it but I'm hoping for more.

Dag man, you're a Debbie Downer... We're gonna start calling you Debbie from now on.

• Members

I liked it. And to be completely honest, I don't see it as a comedy. Not as a corny comedy anyway. To me, it definitely looks like the type of dark comedy that I was hoping for. And it's so f***ing strange to see Will do this kind of stuff. It's really not something he got us used to.

I do agree about the music, it ruined the whole thing a bit. And the scene with the whale surprised me. When I saw the on set photos of Will standing next to the giant whale I thought "My god, this looks cheesy as hell" and got me worried but in here it was pretty funny.

The whole thing was even a little sad if u think about it. At times it seemed like he really did want to help but he's just too useless to pull it off:)

can't wait for the movie. It's the first time since ALI that I haven't even seen one Will Smith movie and already got to see a trailer for his next one:)

cheers

• Admin

I'm sorry but this looks hilarious.. Will's character of Hancock looks very intersting.. Peter Berg is a great director, and like Will said in an interview he finds the drama in everything. Friday Night Lights is not a sports movie, hancock is not a superhero movie..it will be a great drama..with comedy sure.. but I bet Will could still do some great acting in this and create something special. I'm looking forward to this! :wickedwisdom: :wickedwisdom:

Guest fabman-2lazy2login

I'm sorry but this looks hilarious.. Will's character of Hancock looks very intersting.. Peter Berg is a great director, and like Will said in an interview he finds the drama in everything. Friday Night Lights is not a sports movie, hancock is not a superhero movie..it will be a great drama..with comedy sure.. but I bet Will could still do some great acting in this and create something special. I'm looking forward to this! :wickedwisdom: :wickedwisdom:

Agreed. I like that it finally looks like Will's in a "director's movie" again. The last few films, for me, felt like they were all done to please Will, when it should be the other way 'round. Peter Berg rocks!

• Admin

yeah i cant wait to see a full trailer, this is only one side of the movie, we havnt seen anything of charlise and the love story section.

I'm pretty sure Sony will market this as a comedy and then people will be surprised when they see it.

the trailer didnt really impress me that much, i will haev to see a full one before i can make any rash decisions though. the whale was pretty funny, but i didnt laugh out loud at it. im hoping that the next trailer doesnt have ludacris in it. :stickpoke: