JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What a great movie!

MaxFly

I'm gonna see it again tomorrow in IMAX and maybe again on Monday. :wiggle:

Suggestion... people who have a history of congestive heart failure or any other heart ailment shouldn't even attend cinemas where this movie is playing. Go see Alvin and the Chipmunks in some art house theater. If you do want to see it, see it during the daytime and make sure there's still light outside when you walk out of the movie because it may be the most nerve racking walk to your car, otherwise.

Hah ! Same here. I'm young but even I felt like a 50 year old at some times.

I literally felt like I was about to have a stroke lol. I'm really really scared in the dark, so this was even worse for me. At one point where

Neville goes in a warehouse with only the light of his gun

I really really was so scared I accidently held a dude's hand next to me, after the scene was over and I calmed down and came back to my senses, the dude was looking at me in a strange way asking ''do you mind ?'' I said oops sorry. That was pretty embarrasing. And thank god I went with some friends, don't think I could have made that trip at night all alone hehe.

My girly emotions aside, I thought the movie was one of the best thrillers if not the best thriller I've seen in a long time, up until the last part. Even though it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be (all those reviews about the last part really lowered my expectations by a lot) I still felt a bit....out of context. The first 2/3rd of the movie...is mind blowinly beautiful. If they somehow could retain that and put that into the last part, I really believe this movie would have been regarded as one of the best movies ever, I'm not kidding. The first half was THAT good. Not because it wasn't faithful to the book, just because I felt like the last part was out of sync with the first 2/3rd of the movie. Especially right when

Anna shows up

.But still it didn't bother me much, I still enjoyed it.

Also

after all the critic about the CGI of the darkseekers, it was a smart move to limit them to only a couple minutes of screen time.

One last thing, Will Smith for tha OSCAR !

To tell you the truth, I liked the ending of the movie much more than that of the book. The only problem was that the ending came upon you very quickly... I think people, especially the critics, have mischaracterized the ending; it's not bad... it's actually quite good. It's just that they could have extended a few things in the middle to make it play out more smoothly. I've heard a lot of people say that it's anti-climactic... Um... no.

I also think there are a lot of things people have missed... a lot of deeper meanings... perhaps even plot devices. As David Letterman would say, "The parallels are quite vivid." I can't talk about it without revealing the ending, so I'm going to wait until most people have seen it.

Oh, and all this foolishness about Francis Lawrence not being a good director needs to stop. He did a masterful job. I believe it was his idea not to use much music in the film, and jeez, that worked to perfection. I'm telling you, this film is constant suspense because of that decision, and the vista's and pans are beautiful...

:signthankspin:

I noticed the lack of music. Worked well for the film. The movie turned out pretty good considering all the things against it (the main one being Akiva Goldsman). I need to read the novel but I'm pretty sure they weren't too faithful to the way the dark seekers were originally written. But I haven't read it so I don't know. The alone feeling is done great in the movie and

the way Robert has become a little crazy, and the death of Sam

is also well done. Definitely worth seeing.

God Blessa!

I saw it at the Imax theater again, yesterday... I bought tickets online ahead of time, but asked the teller what the theater was like before we went inside. There are 500 seats in the theater... 483 people inside the theater... and people were still behind us trying to buy tickets... :paperbag:

As for why he killed himself, I'm not sure he would have had enough time to pull the grenade, throw it, get into the space, and secure it. Also, I think he began to realize that the infected were somewhat intelligent. They could have very easily swatted the grenade back into the secure room, or picked it up and thrown it back at him.

I think that sacrificing himself was the only way to make certain that the cure was preserved.

One of the things I thought it could be is that in his mind he knows he's lost his sociality, he's been 3 years alone, his only friend(sam)has died and now he finds there's a colony with people like him. He had everything controled, he did the same every single day and now everyhting changed,He can't face it, so he prefers to make sure Ana & Ethan have an oportunity to save the world. who knows!

Do u think the DVD will have an alternative ending? and delete scenes?

Edited by Sandy

wow that was an incredible movie! I didnt think the ending was bad at all.

The scene when Sam died was the best, i was crying and looked around to see my friend was doing the same. I also thought that Will would have lived so that was a surprise but a good ending. I dont know why critics complained so much, it was 2/3 of Will going crazy then picked up at the end to be a great action movie.

wow that was an incredible movie! I didnt think the ending was bad at all.

The scene when Sam died was the best, i was crying and looked around to see my friend was doing the same. I also thought that Will would have lived so that was a surprise but a good ending. I dont know why critics complained so much, it was 2/3 of Will going crazy then picked up at the end to be a great action movie.

Yeah, it was great. Was the theater packed?

It wasnt but, the cinema i went to isnt generally busy and it was 11.30am on boxing day. But when we got there it was just opening and there was a queue of people and i think all of them went to see i am legend, lol nobody wanted to see the other films.

My best friend loved it and her mum said it was depressing, well its about the last man on earth its supposed to be depressing haha.