Hero1

Rate I Am Legend  

40 members have voted

1. 1. how would you rate I Am Legend?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen I Am Legend? Rate it out of 10, then tell us what you think...

I gave it an 8. I really liked this movie. I was really happy to see that it was much more then just a mindless action picture. It was really spiritual which I loved! I was on the verge of tears the whole way. The reason I gave it 8 instead of 10 was becasue I didn't like the flashbacks. I just wish the showed that at the begining of the movie. Other then that I love it and recommend it to everybody. WILLs performance was brilliant as well. Oscar nom worthy.

It was better than I thought it would be. The people out there really ripping in to it, are ridculous. There is way worse movies out there. This is Will's best performance ever. He was really powerful. The creatures weren't as bad as I was expecting, upclose they don't look to bad. The ending is weak and feels rushed, but up to the last 20 minutes the movie was really good.

I don't know how good its gonna do though. It will open real well, but I have to admit alot of people in my theater were bitchin about the movie. I think people are expecting a slam-bam action movie with cool scifi violence. It's not that...it's got alot slow moments and takes time to let Will emote about the situation around him. I think it's more a intelligent scfi-action movie till the last 15-20 mins.

Ok, I know a 10 just makes me look like a stan....but hear me out, half of this is due to the circumstances around this movie:

Penn State's downtown theater ISN'T CARRYING the movie. SO I had to go (with some friends of mine) and take a bus out to the movie theater out some ways. We decided to a 4:30pm showing because of our dances we all have to go to (end of year formalities) and THE THEATER IS PACKED. AT 4:30, COMPLETELY OUT OF THE WAY, AWAY FROM the University!!!

And it's been 1 hour and 30 minutes and my heart is still in my throat. I hate horror/suspense, but this movie just messed with me soo much. I've always wondered what isolation would be like, considering my grandpa detailed to me some of the tactics he was put under when a Prisoner of War in Germany in WW2...I always wanted to see how easy I am to break...

anyway, the movie should have a warning that anyone with pre-existing heart conditions should not see it, because it was a roller coaster! The casualties along the way made this movie not a "Will Smith" movie, but a serious attempt at cinematic horror/suspense.

The desperation his character experiences and displays just hits your deepest emotions and really gets you to believe you are him, trapped, isolated. His mental breakdown is perfectly done, more believable than even Tom Hanks in Cast Away...I would have cracked soo much earlier than Tom did in that movie and it almost felt like he was disassociated with the average person. Will Smith, on the other hand, really relates to an average dude who is really unable to handle an unbelievable, insurmountable task. His character just rips at your security and exposes you to this completely vulnerable state.

I am still calming down from the movie.

It was better than I thought it would be. The people out there really ripping in to it, are ridculous. There is way worse movies out there. This is Will's best performance ever. He was really powerful. The creatures weren't as bad as I was expecting, upclose they don't look to bad. The ending is weak and feels rushed, but up to the last 20 minutes the movie was really good.

I don't know how good its gonna do though. It will open real well, but I have to admit alot of people in my theater were bitchin about the movie. I think people are expecting a slam-bam action movie with cool scifi violence. It's not that...it's got alot slow moments and takes time to let Will emote about the situation around him. I think it's more a intelligent scfi-action movie till the last 15-20 mins.

first off its cinematically amazing, i would love to seee how they did the NY stuff. has to be green screen. but still it would be interesting.

soo good. the movie has everything. smarts, action, and drama. it keeps you on edge the whole time. i thought the movie was like an hour long but it wasnt, it goes so fast. i do agree that the end was rushed and they could have done more. it was very good. it left questions but in a good way SPOLIERS - like with the trap WIll steps in. END SPOILERS--- i really sugegst you go see it. my theatre charges 9.50 for a movie and i think it was worth all of that.

Saw it tonight, and I gotta say I really enjoyed it. Really gets you on the edge of your seat, and I would have to say its a must see movie. The only thing that I didn't really like about it was that it was a little short, and the ending came up pretty quick. Other than that, it was a great movie.

rating - 9

Like most of the reviews...mine is gonna talk about specific things in the movie. So if u don't want anyt suprises or scenes revealed...dont' read my review.

I gave the film a 7. 1st off, like Mike said, i'll agree with the "cinematically amazing" part. The look of the film is great. It's big. It's heavy. I have never been 2 New York, but those scenes of New York that are empty are some of the weirdest things i've ever scene. That's what they meant by shutting down New York...ha ha. Insane!! Every scene and set looks great. And all of the people complaining about the CGI stuff are idiots. The mutants look fine. I mean, the movie is about escapism. That's about as real as u can make characters like that look.

Back 2 my 7 rating tho.' Some people will wonder why i gave it a rating this low. It's mostly just becuz of my personal tastes. I hate movies like this. I love a film where someone is challenged or faces adversity. But this movie makes me feel so bad my soul wants 2 die...ha ha. What can i say, i like feel-good movies. The way i waz relating 2 FP's character totally messed with me. Physically and mentally (i never see suspence/horror/thriller movies...at least not in movie theaters). Once the fighting and the action started, i waz good. But the places where it came outta no where...i hate that. Ha ha...i hate 2 jump. I did pretty good. I wasn't visually shook.

For those of u who have known me for awhile, i'm insanely sensitive 2 animals and pets. For all of my personal pets, i get so attatched 2 them that i share a very close bond with them. And when a pet or any animal is hurt or dead, it upsets me ALOT. For those of u who read the Prayer Request post, i just posted something last nite about my dog not getting around so good which has bothered me alot. So 2 see the bond between Neville and Sam is something i could relate 2 all 2 well. Infact, it really hit home. So 2 see the scene with the dog fight, the aftermath, the infection, and the way 2 "stop the infection" totally screwed with me. Twisted my emotions 2 the point that started hating the movie (but don't worry...i didn't cry...ha ha). Just awful.

I'm not familiar with the book that the movie is based off of, but the human interaction seemed a little light to me. I'm guessing that stuff isn't in the book...fill me in. Anyways, like everyone else so far, i think the last 10 minutes was a bit weak and rushed.

From a movie stand point, i liked the story and the look. However, due 2 the fact that i don't like this kinda movie, this is literally one of my least fav movies from FP. I like Made In America, Six Degrees of Seperation, Bad Boys (1+2), Independence Day, Men In Black (1+2), Enemy of The State, Wild Wild West, The Legend of Bagger Vance, ALI, Sharktale, I, Robot, Hitch, and The Pursuit of Happyness all better than this movie....(does that mean Where The Day Takes You is the only movie i don't like more than I Am Legend?)

Right now, i don't care 2 see another FP movie...just give me and album.

I'm just back home from cinema. I saw IAL. I gave it a 7.

I've liked the movie a lot. But there's something (i don't know what) that could be better. I have enjoyed the Psychologic part of the movie (as a good Psychology student lol) and the part when Sam dies was very sad, I can't see animals suffers either, and Will's performance is great.

I didn't like the flaskbacks a lot. I'm with Hero in that. They could have showed what happened at the beginning instead show it by parts. And the end goes to fast.

I've missed some scenes 'coz there're videos on youtube when they were shooting the movie that aren't shown in the movie & I read somewhere that Jada said Will kissed Alice Braga in the movie and I haven't seen that either so I guess they cut the movie a bit and that's why the end seems a bit weak. But I have liked this movie and I'd come back to see it again.

Edited by Sandy

I gave it a 7. Only thing keeping me from giving it something below 5 is wills preformance. It's great! But the ending really sucked and i left the theater wanting more. The movie was way to short...

I just hope that we'll get an directors cut as soon as possible. But yeah, if Will hadn't been as good in it I would prob give it a 3 or 4...

After watching it a second time, I'm giving it a 8/10.

When I first saw it I would have graded it 7/10, but this is one movie

you enjoy more with the 2nd time you see it. Lots of small details that you start noticing and enjoying more. If only the ending would have matched the 2/3rd of the movie, this would be a 10/10 for me, classic. I'm patiently waiting for the DVD announcement. There's a lot of talk about an alternate ending being added to the DVD version.

I watched it in Imax on Christmas day, liked it overall. IMax really made a difference I suppose, a few scenes scared the bejesus out of me because the creatures seemed to jump out of nowhere! I liked how the butterfly thing his daughter did related back to the ending and him following God's signs. I think Will added a nice comedic touch to his character (loved the mannequin scenes!) and overall the movie was enjoyable. I give it a 7/8.