JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

J.Period & Game Rebellion - Searching For Rick Rubin

ash trey

djj029.jpg

This is some of the most exciting stuff I've heard in a while!!!

Game Rebellion are a political rock/rap group...kinda like Rage Against the Machine except the rapper is about as hip hop as they come. Legendary DJ J.Period gets together with them to make an excellent mixtape paying homage to some of Rick Rubin's best work, including homage to Run DMC, LL Cool J, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy and even the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. And it's not just rapping over old beats, the beats are kinda re-imagined from a punk rock perspective. There is a balance of fun and political content for those easily bored with either... give it a listen, u will probably like it...

You can download it at this website....http://www.gamerebellion.com/ (when u click "Order" u can either take it for free or for a fee of 5 dollars)

Or you can stream the songs it here - http://gamerebellion.imeem.com/music/maOrW...ion_hate_intro/

Good lookin, just downloaded it. I'll post my impressions later.

EDIT!!!!

Listened through it once.

I like good hip hop/rock mashups like this (check out PhillMatic and The Who vs. The Wu). The music is great. I'm pretty disappointed that it's all on one track (though I assume it's in separate tracks if you pay for it). I downloaded Saul Williams' new CD off the same server (which is real fast by the way) and the songs all came separately. On to the music....

It's good stuff. He's got a strong message that echoes the thoughts of many of us here on the current state of hip hop. But his defense of Jim Jones doesn't reflect that to me. And all the Bush hating gets old. There's a lot of good stuff on here though. I recommend people check it out. Just wish it was separate tracks.

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger

• 3 weeks later...