JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will and Scientology

Jazzy Julie

ok its a slow news day otherwise i wouldn't bother posting this lol. This guy on youtube is now saying that Will is a scientologist, i really wish people would read things properly. i also kinda wish Will would stop talking about scientology, just gives people a reason to say this stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8laRoFL73s

If Will becomes a Scientologist it's gonna damage a lot of my appreciation for him, mostly because I've seen the bs scientology is full of. Part of me thinks it's just Will trying to sound nice for everyone and another part of me thinks Will sure has been talking kinda weird lately.

God Blessa!

what kills me about the whole recycling of that article is that all the gossipers just so happen to omit the part where he says he's raising his kids to believe in love, life and relationships through the Bible and Jesus Christ...but yeah that's rumors for ya. he's gonna have to do damage control for this one though, b/c i'm sure somebody's gonna ask him about it during IAL promos.

I don't really want 2 get in2 the scintology topic. I just think it's silly. FP studies all kinds of things. It doesn't mean he's believing or living out all of them. Because tabloids are dying 2 find some dirt on someone who's living right like FP, this does open windows for this kinda stuff. He'll always keep pressing on either way. Alot of people believed he and Jada had that "open relationship" for awhile. Anyone believing this will forget all about it after awhile.

I don't really want 2 get in2 the scintology topic. I just think it's silly. FP studies all kinds of things. It doesn't mean he's believing or living out all of them. Because tabloids are dying 2 find some dirt on someone who's living right like FP, this does open windows for this kinda stuff. He'll always keep pressing on either way. Alot of people believed he and Jada had that "open relationship" for awhile. Anyone believing this will forget all about it after awhile.

Word...stupid tabloids do whatever then can to sell mags. I hate those crappy rumors they make up/exaggerate.

the thing is, for all those who don't understand my Christian beliefs, I tell them as much as they may disagree, they should still respect my decision to believe what I want. In the same way, regardless of my own personal views on Scientology, I need to respect someone else's decision to believe in that set of beliefs. I can question their institution (and practices) like many people question the institution and practices of Christianity. Still though, I respect Will for not being discriminatory towards any one set of beliefs, regardless of how illogical Scientology seems. I mean, for atheists, Christianity or really any religion can seem illogical when it comes down to using science to prove faith.

So I give Will big props on this.

Edited by Bob

Will Smith studying Scientology

By KEVIN WILLIAMSON -- Sun Media

BEVERLY HILLS - Will Smith isn't getting jiggy with Scientology.

At least not completely.

The 39-year-old superstar yesterday denied speculation he was converting to the controversial religion. In a recent magazine article, he'd acknowledged studying it with his friend Tom Cruise.

"I don't necessarily believe in organized religion. I was raised in a Baptist household, went to a Catholic church, lived in a Jewish neighborhood and had the biggest crush on the Muslim girl one neighborhood over," he said during a news conference for his latest film, the end-of-the-world thriller I Am Legend.

"Tom introduced me to the idea and I'm a student of world religion, so to me it's hugely important for me to have knowledge - to understand what people are doing, what are the big ideas, what are people talking about it. I believe my connection to my higher power is separate from everybody's."

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/Artists/S/Smith...699618-sun.html

"I don't necessarily believe in organized religion. I was raised in a Baptist household, went to a Catholic church, lived in a Jewish neighborhood and had the biggest crush on the Muslim girl one neighborhood over," he said during a news conference for his latest film, the end-of-the-world thriller I Am Legend.

:thumbsup: Will represents!