JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I Need Some Help With My Mac

Turntable

Allright, listen up guys: I bought a new comp. The new IMac. But now I got a few problems. I need for example a Windows Media Player, but when I download Site (The mac version ofcourse) I download a file my comp cant reed. And there is allot more like that. For example.. I need a program to unzip files too. Can you guys help me? Maybe tell me which one and stuff. I would apperciate it.

MacZip1.0.6 is free and available at download.com....btw, download.com is the most secure, virus-free option for odds-and-ends applications. they do let you filter results to show the free, priced, or free to try programs that apply to whatever search you do. In addition, you can filter based on OS...so you can choose programs specifically made for the Mac.

from there, you should be fine extracting from zip files and then you'll be able to install media player.

Edited by Bob

Macs are great computers for work and design purposes. But i would never get one for entertainment and general Computer usage. PC's were made for that.

Funnily enough i am planning on getting a Mac next year for Video work

Allright, listen up guys: I bought a new comp. The new IMac. But now I got a few problems. I need for example a Windows Media Player, but when I download Site (The mac version ofcourse) I download a file my comp cant reed. And there is allot more like that. For example.. I need a program to unzip files too. Can you guys help me? Maybe tell me which one and stuff. I would apperciate it.

You really shouldn't have had a problem. WMP for Mac should install seamlessly. Are you sure that you downloaded the Mac (OS X not OS9) version?

Stuffit unzips files and should already be installed on your computer. Why do you have zip files anyway?

Macs are great computers for work and design purposes. But i would never get one for entertainment and general Computer usage. PC's were made for that.

Nonsense. That statement was true 10 years ago, not now. The only thing that PC's are still better in is games, just because there are more of them. However, all you have to do then is install Windows on your Mac and bingo, you have a PC. :wickedwisdom:

I can see your point, but i was talking bout games more anyway Coz. I love the fact that Football Manager runs on both off the same disc. I live with 2 guys. One with a PC one with a Mac. We are all happy :P

Any Brits here see the Mitchell & Webb Mac Vs PC ads, they were well funny.

You really shouldn't have had a problem. WMP for Mac should install seamlessly. Are you sure that you downloaded the Mac (OS X not OS9) version?

Stuffit unzips files and should already be installed on your computer. Why do you have zip files anyway?

I downloaded the right. He cant read it.

Thanks for the help ya'll. I'll try it.

He cant read those files ether Bob.

Either "he" is doing something completely wrong or there is something wrong or missing from his Mac. The fact that "he" couldn't open a zip tells me that stuffit is missing, which should have come pre-installed on the iMac.

Did this computer fall off a truck?