JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

If JJFP were on Hip Hop Honors

SEALK

I've noticed that when a person or group is being honored and the hip hop honors, a current talent will pay tribute by performing a song by the artist being honored. I started to wonder who would be a good artist to pay tribute to JJFP and what song should they perform. So just for fun, what artist and song would you choose?

I was just listening to my Code Red album and thought that Ludacris could do a cool version of Boom Shake the Room.

I waz gonna say Nick Cannon before i even saw his reply. There's truely isn't anyone else that really fits it. 50 Cent is 2 ignorant, Jay-Z is 2 blingy, Will.I.Am is 2 different, all the dirty south rappers just suck 2 much.

Nick Cannon is not only cool with JJ+FP, but he doesn't cuss in his rhymes, he isn't materialistic, he isn't about drugs and guns, and he doesn't degrade women. Nick is funny and has dipped in2 acting just like FP.

I could see Timbaland, Pharrell, and Kanye all wanting 2 take a stab at a JJ+FP track but not doing it right...at least not quite right.

I was just listening to my Code Red album and thought that Ludacris could do a cool version of Boom Shake the Room.

I actually really like that idea. Ludacris would be perfect for Boom! Shake the Room. Remember he was a huge fan of JJ+FP growing up and he blessed FP with "Party Starter" along with the hook to that song.

However I think the two songs that they would ever choose from would be "Parents Just Dont Understand" and "Summertime." I could see maybe Kanye doing Summertime.

how about peedi with BNF? :lolsign: just joking.

I don't really know why, but i could imagine Camp Lo doing a Big Willie track. As for JJFP there are a lot of rappers nowadays who grew up listening to their music. i mean whoever would've thought Nelly doing LL Cool J so good a few years ago?

• 2 weeks later...

All I say, is find the right people to do justice. Nick Cannon, Chamillionaire could, Nas, Heavy D (who will probably be honored down the road), Lupe Fiasco, Rhymefest, etc. Somebody that comes close to JJFP in one way or another. Of course they'd have their own spin a lil bit. But just like most of the segments this year, the original artists should do a number. Jeff will get to the Honors no problem. It's Will we need to drag there.

Nick Cannon and Pemo/Pete Rock - Brand New Funk

Rhymefest and Mad Skillz - Girls Ain't Nuttin' But trouble

Black Thought - He's the DJ I'm the rapper (with random, but good Jeff influenced DJ)...black thought once mentioned that that this had one of his favorite verses.

Mos Def (Backed by the roots) - Summertime

and one verse in JJFP come in and shut the place down with the last verses of summertime and move into a hype version of Party Starter!

Oh and I almost forgot -

Souljah boy, Young Joc, D4L, Shop Boys and James Blunt - Lost & Found/Tell me why?

Oh and I almost forgot -

Souljah boy, Young Joc, D4L, Shop Boys and James Blunt - Lost & Found/Tell me why?

Ha ha...that's the funniest thing i think i've seen u post!!

Anyways, i don't care so much the order of who gets honored, but the emcees and acts that come 2 mind for me personally are DJ Jazzy Jeff + Fresh Prince, Queen Latifah, MC Hammer, Heavy D + The Boyz, EPMD, Gang Starr, Boogie Down Productions, Doug E. Fresh + Slick Rick (imagin if they opened it performing "The Show"!!), De La Soul, Eric B. + Rakim.