JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J

Da Brakes

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as feuds don't interest me anymore, i wouldn't mind seeing this. Yeah, i think Jay-Z's last album waz pretty decent, but as a person, i'm still not convinced i could tolerate him. LL's is the king. He's stuck under a label that used 2 be respected and have history (LL being more of that history) but Jay-Z has ruined the label. Sure Ne-Yo, Rihanna, The Roots, etc are all good...but it's no longer Def Jam. He's ruined what used 2 be Hip-Hop's mainstay label. He's turned his back on good projects and supported wack ones. He deserves whatever is coming 2 him.

I'd give Jay the advantage in this one...yes "The Ripper Strikes Back" was ridiculous....but Jay has been on point more and more every year with his energy on aggressive tracks...whether it be "Dig A Hole", "Brooklyn High", "Hustlin' Remix", "Watch What You Say"....Jay is definitely is ready to deliver if he so chooses.

But the thing is, Jay won't. LL is gonna do the 50 cent thing and start the feud to build hype...and he already took some shots and Jay is just hovering over it......

And LL has ALOT to prove to me to keep his name relevant today in terms of aggressive MC's

This should be interesting and very entertaining! Who wins this battle, will be the real GOAT!

LL ended Kool Moe Dee's, Ice T, MC Hammer and Canibus (although Canibus won the battle, he lost the war) career...His last two albums sucked and it'll be great if he becomes old LL again and gives Jay-Z ether part 2!

Jigga will win maybe not hands down, but he wont diss LL for one reason, he got respect for him, he knows what he done for hip hop, Jay weren't born yesterday...I heard people from another board said that cameron could kill him without breaking a sweat, the thing is Jay said one simple line

"You selling little tools, only time you went plat

My chain was on your neck, that's a natural fact"

I cant say who will win because at the end of the day anything can happen, I don't think LL is the same, he's tried to go back to "Jack The Ripper" days and that sh!t just dont work anymore....

This would be good....Jay-Z's grown up idolizing LL as a rapper, So there's one advantage LL has over him. But I think LL is a little played out by now...I don't know how far he can get back to previous form. I have no personal bias against Jay-Z or LL so I think it would be an interesting piece of hip hop history, if the two actually decided to go at it!

Beef is played out these days, at this point it'd be better for hip-hop if LL and Jay-Z collabed with each other rather than dissing each other

Rap feuds are a joke and have been for awhile. The only reason i'm not against it is cuz their is a reason 4 it. Jay sucks as the head of Def Jam; period. He's been screwing careers up and if people still viewed Def Jam as the same label, he would have destroyed the legacy of the label. Jay isn't a battle emcee. I've never heard anything come out of his mouth that was branded "battle ready." If u think Jay has any chance 2 defend himself against LL if he chooses 2 attack, u are fooling yourself. Nobody has perserved in the game like LL has.

Advantage: Jigga

I don't care what anybody says, Kool Moe Dee murdered LL in their famous battle. LL was the more popular cat at that time so it "appeared" that he won. Moe Dee's verse on "Let's Go" where he dissed LL with "lower, level, lack-luster....". That verse alone won the battle for me but because LL was more popular and had longevity, it was assumed that he won. There are some people who believe that Moe Dee actually won but it didn't appear that way.

I give the advantage to Jigga because he's more popular right now... and the fact that he's the better emcee(and this is coming from a dude who's a big LL fan).

Jay isn't a battle emcee. I've never heard anything come out of his mouth that was branded "battle ready." If u think Jay has any chance 2 defend himself against LL if he chooses 2 attack, u are fooling yourself. Nobody has perserved in the game like LL has.

the thing is...the battling today is quite different than yester-year...LL comes from a time where you throw "fa**ot" "kill" "murder" in a diss and it's hard and on point...Jay-Z perfected that battle rhyme of today: Cleverness

In today's climate, an LL diss record would sound no different than Ja Rule's "Loose Change" or 50 Cent's "Haily Mary"...and would be looked down upon as a G-Unit style dumb, bravado record...unless LL flipped his style and went clever, but he's unproven in that department of disses.

Jay has it in terms of clever, rhyme-around-the-opponent-until-his-knees-buckle rapping...and that's what makes me think he'd win

Edited by Bob

AJ u need to understand people change and so does the time of rap, because LL can beat a few people in his days doesnt mean he can do it now, and YES I have heard Jay do a freestyle battle against, Diddy, DMX, Jadakiss, (The diddy one was the only one that wasnt a joke) but much more, go catch S.Carter the mixtape, that will change your perspective in battle rap, he can kill cats in a few minutes, Pharrell Williams said that he done "Change Clothes" "Encore" and "99 Problems" in under 45 minutes.....

NAME another artist who can do that?????

Period.

Bob...you have a point, but u haven't heard "return of the ripper" have you?

No I have...It just seems that LL has a bravado that's only going to be heightened by his involvement with 50 Cent...and bravado is not as big as wit nowadays.