JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Metropolis 2.0?

Ale

Metropolis 2.0

Remake season is kicking it off early this year with a reimagining of Fritz Lang’s classic, Metropolis. Directed by Zack Snyder, the film will star veteran science fiction actor Will Smith. “I dun Asimov, I dun Matheson,” Smith rapped to the Allied Press yesterday, “In ma fly space ship, think I’m gunna get some!” Get some indeed. The Oscar buzz is already hot for this one, as it has been suggested that Smith was wrongly snubbed in the past for his work in Ali and Bad Boys II. Metropolis tells the story of class struggle in a futuristic city, although Snyder has been quite forthright in his plans to update the political aspect of the story to be more relatable to modern audiences. “This is going to be about communism the way 300 was about Greeks and Persians,” the director claimed amidst lines of coke. Playing the part of Maria, the beautiful revolutionary cum female android (or “gynoid”), is Miss Beyoncé Knowles, known from such mega-blockbuster super hits as Austin Powers 3 and The Pink Panther remake.

http://media.www.thestrand.ca/media/storag...s-2984718.shtml

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Edited by Ale

Ya know, for a fake movie, they could have done a lot better than Zack Snyder and Beyonce....

Maybe, hmm lemme think, Spielberg, or Lucas, or Scorsese, or even Spike Lee...

In fact! I think I'll make up my own movie, Starring Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Tom Cruise, and Russel Crowe About a team of futuristic Commandos who fight crime on other planets while using their special superpowers and extremely quick wit.... :lolsign:

Yeah, an instant classic....

Actually this might be a fun thread... Coming up with cool movie ideas... :gettinjiggywitit: