JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Seven Pounds" is next.

Radewart

From IMDb:

after the movie ended, the screening people picked 24 of us for a focus group after. when we were done dicussing the movie we here this "you better have liked me" boom from the back of the room, and yes he was there. he shook hands and signed things. he actually struggled with my pen that was refusing to cooperate. and then he hugged me! he was very nice, and it was quite the surprise. i thought it was an excellent movie. the more i thought about it after, the more it made sense.

the only thing that was totally unrealistic in my opinion was the eye transplant. that is not possible. you can have a corneal transplant, but that has nothing to do with changing your iris/eye color. i'm sure in the future that may be possible, as of now, it is not.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...overall I enjoyed the film. It was in every way a 'drama', and not what I would call a typical Will Smith flick. That being said, he was excellent and I found his character to be very strong. Actually, I thought all of the acting was rather well done including Rosario Dawson and Woody Harrelson. The storyline is incredibly dark (as I mentioned in my previous post it is about a suicidal IRS agent who finds love with a letterpress printer) and a wee bit of tearjerker. My largest complaint was that I felt that certain portions of the film were fairly scattered and confusing. In the end, everything is wrapped up nicely and so I left feeling satisfied. Overall, I would suggest this movie to my friends, however if you miss it on the big screen, I'm sure it will be just as good in your 'at home theater'.

http://dahlia-press.blogspot.com/2008/09/d...rinterhmmm.html

And more opinions...

I just saw a screening of this film here in Seattle, and it is brilliant. I loved it. I think it's easily his strongest performance yet.

I saw this last night at the Seattle screening. The movie is mysterious until the end. Will Smith is an IRS agent who works on cases where very ill people owe back taxes. He is very much a vigilante, deciding cases based on whether or not he perceives people to be good or not. He clearly has some serious baggage from his past, and we're left wondering until the end, when everything comes together. The ending was a very interesting twist, but had some over the top "Hollywood" elements. I thought the acting was very good.

Saw the post production screening...It's an Awesome movie.

Source!

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=37021

Poster!!!!!

34ix130908hga4.png

Well, don't know if it's real, but looks ok... a little "book coverish", it's the pic that got released a few weeks ago, so maybe someone just made a fake one with that... Don't know... Doesn't really tell you anything about the movie, so the more I think about it... I think it's fake...

Well, really hoping to see that trailer soon!

Edited by viber_91

• Members

I dont really know. We see its really a poster but not how big is it.

Is it too big, this must be the real one because the Quality of this small picture is not good enough to make a big poster.

So lets WAIT FOR THE F*** DAMN TRAILER... Hancock Trailer came out 6 Months ago... this is so hard... :shakehead:

I really think it's fake

Will Smith's name would be much bigger on top of the title!

:lolsign: That's true... The poster just looks a little to simple, but then... The hancock poster, well... It was just a pic of his face... So I don't know... But I like the "clean" look of it... But I think it's fake...

Will Smith will be nominated for an Oscar for his performance, without a doubt. The filmmaker (Gabriele Muccino - the Pursuit of Happyness) and film are another story altogether. Granted, I viewed a rough cut, and with the audience response, I am sure that some major cuts will be made including some of the more pivotal scenes in spoiling the twist. Smith is harrowing in his performance, no humor at all - just the shell of a broken man trying to find his personal salvation through others. The dark undertones of the story take a little bit away from the performance, but despite what you think of the film itself, Smith is still a beacon of brilliance.

Rosario Dawson is the love interest, and although she holds her own, there is something that doesn't seem quite right about her playing this role. A conversation about her heart condition came up afterward and there were some lingering questions. Woody Harrelson is a bright spot among an otherwise unremarkable supporting cast (Barry Pepper was awful and should be cut altogether). He receives a minimal amount of screen time, but it is powerful, particularly the seemingly out of place phone conversation with Smith near the beginning of the film.

There are a few minor flaws, which may still be addressed before the film is rolled out for general audience. The first is that there are a couple of plot twists that the viewer suspects way too early on and are simply anti-climactic when they come to fruition. The second is the ending. Once the pivotal climax occurs, there is too much reflection and the final sequence drags out unnecessarily. On a brighter note, the choice of pet that Will Smith owns is probably the most original and interesting seen in film in recent memory. There is one image that stays in my mind even after the plot of the film and the dialogue fade.

It is not a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination, in fact, with some surgical editing, it could be a very good one. I just think that the themes and story are too dark and depressing to end up winning statues in March. Smith is exceptional (again) and I look forward to seeing the final cut on DVD next year.

8/10 (with optimism for some final editing).

http://goodbaduglymovies.blogspot.com/2008...ven-pounds.html

Edited by viber_91

Will Smith will be nominated for an Oscar for his performance, without a doubt. The filmmaker (Gabriele Muccino - the Pursuit of Happyness) and film are another story altogether. Granted, I viewed a rough cut, and with the audience response, I am sure that some major cuts will be made including some of the more pivotal scenes in spoiling the twist. Smith is harrowing in his performance, no humor at all - just the shell of a broken man trying to find his personal salvation through others. The dark undertones of the story take a little bit away from the performance, but despite what you think of the film itself, Smith is still a beacon of brilliance.

Rosario Dawson is the love interest, and although she holds her own, there is something that doesn't seem quite right about her playing this role. A conversation about her heart condition came up afterward and there were some lingering questions. Woody Harrelson is a bright spot among an otherwise unremarkable supporting cast (Barry Pepper was awful and should be cut altogether). He receives a minimal amount of screen time, but it is powerful, particularly the seemingly out of place phone conversation with Smith near the beginning of the film.

There are a few minor flaws, which may still be addressed before the film is rolled out for general audience. The first is that there are a couple of plot twists that the viewer suspects way too early on and are simply anti-climactic when they come to fruition. The second is the ending. Once the pivotal climax occurs, there is too much reflection and the final sequence drags out unnecessarily. On a brighter note, the choice of pet that Will Smith owns is probably the most original and interesting seen in film in recent memory. There is one image that stays in my mind even after the plot of the film and the dialogue fade.

It is not a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination, in fact, with some surgical editing, it could be a very good one. I just think that the themes and story are too dark and depressing to end up winning statues in March. Smith is exceptional (again) and I look forward to seeing the final cut on DVD next year.

All that, yet an 8/10? Did I miss something?

• Members

All that, yet an 8/10? Did I miss something?

I think what he meant was that after some editing it could very easily deserve an 8/10 rating. Besides, it's pretty obvious that it's gonna rely heavily on Will's performance and he may make it a better film than it actually is.

Think about last year's "There Will Be Blood". As good a film as that one was, take away Daniel Day Lewis's performance and what you're left with is a seriously overrated film in my oppinion. Nowhere near as brilliant as "No Country For Old Men". I found the film to be a bit boring at parts with way too many scenes that quite simply dragged forever but Day Lewis made it all work because the movie essentially was about greed, lust for power and the need to succeed above all else so it all came down to his character and his portrayal of that man. "Seven Pounds" sounds like a movie about redemption, trying to find meaning in life in places where it seems lost for good so it will also come down to Will's character.

I don't know why but I'm way more optimistic about that movie than I was about Hancock (and I loved that movie BTW;) ). February can't come soon enough.