JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Seven Pounds" is next.

Radewart

• Members

Hey, I don't know if anybody else noticed but they added the movie's tagline on its imdb page:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814314/

It says:

"In seven days God created the world... in seven seconds He shattered mine."

Not bad, would work better if the movie was actually titled "7 seconds". I can already see this movie being even more depressing than "tPoH" and that movie made me wanna reach for a blade....

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The German title is now confirmed as:

Seven Pounds - Unverhofft kommt oft

free translated:

Seven Pounds - Things always seem to happen when you least expect them.

and a first official picture has been released here.

(to see on big-will-smith.de.vu or .com)

I feel:

The Trailer is near... STRIKE! :wickedwisdom:

I work at a theater and we get monthly emails from Sony, which gives information about upcoming releases and materials available to be displayed at our theater. This one said that Seven Pounds was supposed to have a trailer and one sheet ready this week, but it been pushed back to next week. So, it does look like Lakeview Terrance will have the trailer. Of Course, that doesn't mean every single print will have the trailer attached though. I'm sure it will be online by the 17th or something. The email also said,"we think this is going to be big this December and an Oscar-worthy performance for Will Smith". But the person did work for Sony, and they want us to push their products.

I work at a theater and we get monthly emails from Sony, which gives information about upcoming releases and materials available to be displayed at our theater. This one said that Seven Pounds was supposed to have a trailer and one sheet ready this week, but it been pushed back to next week. So, it does look like Lakeview Terrance will have the trailer. Of Course, that doesn't mean every single print will have the trailer attached though. I'm sure it will be online by the 17th or something. The email also said,"we think this is going to be big this December and an Oscar-worthy performance for Will Smith". But the person did work for Sony, and they want us to push their products.

Thnx for the update Rade.

If they think it's going to be big, why are they showing it with LT ?

The movie is out in 3 months and we still haven't had a teaser let alone a trailer. That's not what ''big'' movies usually do.

I'm having my doubts.

• Members

Thanks Rad, I knew that sooner or later you'd be the one with some good news. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar :)

Sony may think that this is going to be big not in terms of financial success but more of an artistic success. Let's wait and see. One thing is for sure: given the depressing nature of the story, the movie is gonna make Pursuit Of Happyness look like "Home Alone".

http://dahlia-press.blogspot.com/2008/09/summer.html

Watch the above linK. The lady talks about how she's gonna see a screening of "Seven Pounds".

"As well, other exciting news...tomorrow evening I am going to see a sneak preview showing of 'Seven Pounds'! It's not due out in theaters until mid-December so I feel pretty lucky to get to see it so early on. For those of you who do not know, it stars Will Smith who plays a suicidal IRS agent who decides he should try to help seven people before he dies. Little does he know he is about to fall in love with Rosario Dawson who plays what?...a Letterpress printer! I'll let you know how it is!"

Edited by Radewart

apparently there was a screening in seattle yesterday also... Hoping to see some reviews, but a little wierd to have screenings before a teaser... Well, well... Can't wait for the trailer, and hoping for positive reviews.

Here's a short review... not much info, but nice to hear he thought it was good.

Watched it tonight at some super early screening in Seattle. I knew nothing about the movie except what was posted on imdb. It turned out to be a great movie that I would recommend to most people. Will Smith is the main character with Rosario Dawson having a major part in the movie. I haven't seen The Pursuit of Happyness but my friend told me that Seven Pounds was even better.

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556666

Edited by viber_91

Another review... And guess what! The reviewer has a problem with the ending, Déjà vu anyone?

After the movie was over they made us fill out a questionaire that was sort of a movie review. I'm fairly certain that the movie got only fair reviews at best. I personally thought that the movie took to long to tell you what it was going to be about. With a name like Seven Pounds, I thought it might have something to do with giving birth, or with a heart transplant, but it could have been about something else completely. Once you get in about 20 minutes into the movie, you see what the movie is about and then it becomes a pretty predictable movie at that point. I don't want to be a spoiler so I'm trying to be fairly vague. I also thought the ending was a little cheesy. Overall I thought Will did a good job with his character although I thought his character came across as sort of creepy at times. The movie wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't good in my opinion. I think overall it was just sort of weird. I think the biggest problem with the movie was that it tried to be too many things at once. It was a drama, but it also tried to be artsy at times, then it turned to a love story, then drama again, and then it tried to have a deeper all around tie in, that kinda made you feel like, "Oh, yeah, I see all the tie in's though most were pretty easy to figure out, but now I can see what the whole movie was trying to be about."

http://wholelottanoethen.blogspot.com/2008...on-tonight.html

Well, it's only one persons opinion... Still sounds like an ok movie.

I like the fact that Will's character came across as sort of creepy, well... Think it's gonna be a great performance by will, in a good movie, but not great as usual...

Edited by viber_91

More opinions on IMDb:

I was at the screening in Seattle last night. I hate to trash this movie, because I love Will Smith. But it seemed a bit too heavy handed for its own good. The movie dragged on severely, and the end is very predictable. In my humble opinion, this movie is going to need some serious surgery to do well. It's got the potential to... great performances, a few really awesome scenes, and a pretty original plot. The more i think about it, the more I really love the plot and the climax. But if they were to release this movie tomorrow, I think it would be a flop.

I was at the preview last night in Seattle and saw Will Smith. He was the first to come out of the theater and came out w/tears in his eyes (he obviously was touched). Didn't get to talk to him at all (I said that if I ever met him, I'd want to ask him what Freddy Kreuger says in his song "Nightmare on my Street" - way off topic there). He rushed out of the building before the crowd came. I also heard that Woody Harrelson was there but didn't see him.

Another review:

I just saw a screening of the new will smith movie that comes out in December. The lady told us we were the first audience to see this movie ever, which is pretty exciting. But it became less exciting as the film went on. I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say it has a mostly original but poorly executed plot, good performances by Will Smith and Rosario Dawson, an awesome climax, and is VERY dramatic (i don't think a movie has made me feel that emotionally drained since Schindler's List). I'd like to see it again in theaters, to see what they've changed, but in its current state, I would be doing you an injustice to recommend it.

http://what-providence.livejournal.com/236819.html

From IMDB:

yeah seattle last night. free preview city, and now here we go. i wasn't really a fan of the pursuit of happiness. the previous collaboration with the director and big willy, so going in i had virtually no expectations and thought it might be as sentimental and sensationalist as that film. So my views could be skewed by that. That being said, i very much enjoyed what i saw last night. Performance wise from smith and rosario dawson. Actually quite wonderful chemistry. The score was particularity haunting and effective as counterpoint to smiths crippling state of mind. a few elements were left very underdeveloped. Barry pepper for one. the entire woody harrleson story and character. That if interpreted the way the studio is going now could end up being very offensive to any blind collations, and sensitive people to that matter. Which is huge because it basically bookends then film. It is not well expositioned and handled badly. the overall film had a syrupy pay it forward sort of vibe to it, once you getting further along, but not enough to hallmark it up. Thought that was a nice balance of smiths good deeds, and conflicting circumstances. Rosaio was friken adorable by the by, and it was nice to have her possible one note role become incredibly integrated into the story with a beautiful relationship with smiths character. Apparently we saw a rough cut. could just be the studios way of lowering expectations. But I actually really dug what i saw and am very proud of big willy and his choices. yep