JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Seven Pounds" is next.

Radewart

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all hope it is Will´s Oscar winner so that he can go back to do movies that people in general would like and he can go back to music without having to focus movies.. Lets all pray this is the one.

I don't think that Will is going to get an Oscar any time soon, at least not for Seven Pounds. I think that the movie will be kindof like POH in the directing and acting. And even if Will did a great job in POH it wasn't a great film, it was above average, but nothing more. This year he has to compete with Leo DiCaprio ("Revolutionary Road" or "Body of Lies"), Brad Pitt ("The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"), Benecio Del Toro ("The Argentine" or "Guerilla"), Mark Rufallo ("Blindness") and a bunch of other great actors in problably great movies. I think Leo has the biggest chance of winning, he's one of the best actors, and have been nominated three times. And if you think about it, all of the actors listed, have done better movies than Will, and better acting... Will needs to find a great movie, with a great script, and a great director to win a oscar. And he hasn't done that yet. I hope that Empire will be great though, Great writer, great director, and will can be a great actor, he just has to do a great movie!

I'm still hoping for Seven Pounds to be a good movie. But I think it will be another oscarreach from will, cause the movie prob. aint gonna be that great... I'm guessing a 7.6/10 on IMDB, and about 65% on rottentomatoes...

*EDIT*

Post #1000 :clap2: :birthday: :7: :respect: :Party_fest09: :yeah: :wickedwisdom: :party: :pony: :gettinjiggywitit: :wiggle:

Edited by viber_91

Will needs to find a great movie, with a great script, and a great director to win a oscar. And he hasn't done that yet.

Yes he has: Ali. 'Training Day' was a great movie but Will's performance deserved that Oscar.

*EDIT*

Post #1000 :clap2: :birthday: :7: :respect: :Party_fest09: :yeah: :wickedwisdom: :party: :pony: :gettinjiggywitit: :wiggle:

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

We're still waiting for your reply in this thread dedicated to you tho' :lolsign:

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/...showtopic=12351

Will needs to find a great movie, with a great script, and a great director to win a oscar. And he hasn't done that yet.

Yes he has: Ali. 'Training Day' was a great movie but Will's performance deserved that Oscar.

Yes, Will's performance deserved an oscar. I think it's Will's best movie, and his best performance. But, the movie isn't like great, I mean like "IMDB's top 250"-great, or "Only 4/5 or 5/5 stars from the critics". The movie has a lot of flaws, the thing's that saves it is Will's and Jon Voight's performances.

The movie is Will's best movie, but not one of the best movies from 2001. I want him to make a movie that's considered one of the best movies from that year, and one that will make it into IMDB's top 250 list... As I said before, I hope that "Empire" could be that movie...

. I'm guessing a 7.6/10 on IMDB, and about 65% on rottentomatoes...

You're being too generous.

This is probably my least anticipated WS movie, by far. Mainly cause of Nieporte.

Well, the script is good and got voted as one of the top 10 drama movies studios wanted to make in 2005 or 2006... And Will and Woody Harrelsson is in it, it's a drama... It can't be worse than Hancock (not saying Hancock is a bad movie, just can't see this movie with 37% on rottentomatoes). I think this movie will be good, but as usual when it comes to Will's movies, not great... A typical 3/5 movie...

Edited by viber_91

Well, the script is good and got voted as one of the top 10 drama movies studios wanted to make in 2005 or 2006...

Says who ?

Does Hancock ring a bell ? Used to be supposedly one of the better scripts out there, I read the script and it is horrendous.

Me, I think that the Seven Pounds script is great, sure, a big dramatic tear-jerker to some, but a great script anyway. Now, will the movie be great? I don't know...

I thought the Tonigh He Comes script was great. And I have read it like three times, first time was like two years ago. So, no... Hancock doesn't ring a bell... :smartass: (if you can say that :redface: ) But of course they couldn't make a movie where Will played a really unlikable character, they had to throw in more comedy,

another superhero

, and a worse storyline. To make it more "Big Willie", hollywood blockbuser comedy/action. Since Seven Pounds is a drama with not a very big budget, they don't care about the box office as much as with Hancock. And that will hopefully make it a better movie, without cutting it down to get a bigger audience, take a bunch of scenes out, and totally change the script.

Edited by viber_91

But of course they couldn't make a movie where Will played a really unlikable character, they had to throw in more comedy,

another superhero

, and a worse storyline. To make it more "Big Willie", hollywood blockbuser comedy/action.

Couldn't agree more with this :thumbsup:

Well, the script is good and got voted as one of the top 10 drama movies studios wanted to make in 2005 or 2006...

Says who ?

Does Hancock ring a bell ? Used to be supposedly one of the better scripts out there, I read the script and it is horrendous.

Me, I think that the Seven Pounds script is great, sure, a big dramatic tear-jerker to some, but a great script anyway. Now, will the movie be great? I don't know...

I thought the Tonigh He Comes script was great. And I have read it like three times, first time was like two years ago. So, no... Hancock doesn't ring a bell... :smartass: (if you can say that :redface: ) But of course they couldn't make a movie where Will played a really unlikable character, they had to throw in more comedy,

another superhero

, and a worse storyline. To make it more "Big Willie", hollywood blockbuser comedy/action. Since Seven Pounds is a drama with not a very big budget, they don't care about the box office as much as with Hancock. And that will hopefully make it a better movie, without cutting it down to get a bigger audience, take a bunch of scenes out, and totally change the script.

Ow ok, I thought it was from an official article or something.

I hope you're right Viber, but with the likes of Nieporte and Muccino I can't be too optimistic.

Are we talking about the same script for Hancock ? I read it from RT and it got ripped apart. It was overly sexual and not in a good way, kinda as if it was written by a perv. Maybe Hancock has a couple scripts, dunno.

• 2 weeks later...