JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Both "Graduation" and "Curtis" Leak

Bob

Wow, I have to disagree with you AJ...I love "Can't Tell Me Nothing". That's one of the main reasons I bought the album! The beat is fire and the lyrics are on point. And Ash Trey, you're not crazy for liking "Drunk and Hot Girls". The song is funny and the production is great! That the song I listen to the most on the album right now!

My fav. songs of the album:

- Stronger

- Can't Tell Me Nothing

- I Wonder

- "Drunk and Hot Girls"

- The Good Life

- Everything I Am

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons I really like this album is because theres a distinct and cohesive sound ....synthesized yet soulful. Kanye did not pull a repeat formula where he uses select soul samples, similar to those on his other two albums...

couldn't have said it better myself :yeahthat:

and the number 1 selling album in the UK this week is..... Kanye, 50 got second woohoo. i havnt got any numbers yet.

the funny thing is..you give it a month and all the slow country fans will eventually pick up chesney's album. I believe that it will end up Kanye as first, Chesney second, and then 50.

that's gonna kill 50.

and who else is enjoying that T.I can't brag about his sales this time? I mean I like the guy but it was bordering on 50-ego when he complained ludacris got the award and t.i had the numbers

Man, after reading that reply, it made me realize just how boring music is. I think the last time a Hip-Hop album dropped 4 the mainstream that REALLY excited me waz when LL's Todd Smith came out. Don't get me wrong, i love Common Sense, Talib Kweli, Public Enemy, etc. Those are the best newer albums out now. But there waz once a time when Hip-Hop excited me. These new guys just need 2 fade away. Only the strong and smart survive. There will be mostly a totally new line up of successful Hip-Hop and Rap acts in a year or 2.

Hey Ya'll!!!! When you lot last hear of me, i be working but anyway, I like kanye much better than 50 and havent even bothered listneing to 50's album, but I got all of kanyes, even his mix tapes, and the best songs on kanyes album are easily

"I Wonder"

"Coming Home"

"Drunk And Hot Girls"

And AJ hip hop HASNT faded away, you see talib with his new album, Common with his, that is hip hop, 50 cent is just pop to me now, when I heard "Power Of The Dolla" that was a little bit closer to hip hop than it is now, Has anyone heard Fabolous new albums, I'll give ya'll a review tommorow...good album in my view....

Peace J-o-e

Hey Ya'll!!!! When you lot last hear of me, i be working but anyway, I like kanye much better than 50 and havent even bothered listneing to 50's album, but I got all of kanyes, even his mix tapes, and the best songs on kanyes album are easily

"I Wonder"

"Coming Home"

"Drunk And Hot Girls"

And AJ hip hop HASNT faded away, you see talib with his new album, Common with his, that is hip hop, 50 cent is just pop to me now, when I heard "Power Of The Dolla" that was a little bit closer to hip hop than it is now, Has anyone heard Fabolous new albums, I'll give ya'll a review tommorow...good album in my view....

Peace J-o-e

I'm listening to Homecoming right now... It's a great song, as is I Wonder and Stronger and Can't Tell Me Nothing are fire...

Edit: R.I.P. 50...

Edited by MaxFly

Finally I got Graduation... I dont know it's so hard to get kanye's albums here in Italy... Graduation is ok, I like it and I'm happy it's selling so much and is beating 50...I'dont think it's kanye's best album but the production is exellent as usual for west..

my favourite songs are STRONGER- I WONDER - CANT TELL ME NOTHIN ( only the beat, I dont like kanye's flow on this one) EVERYTHING I AM - HOMECOMIN...

2 years ago I downloaded a track that I find called HOME.. and it was kanye's... well it's the same lyric of homecomin but the beat is different and I LOVED THAT BEAT... U can find on internet.. that song was great, I preferred that version, classic for me

Finally I got Graduation... I dont know it's so hard to get kanye's albums here in Italy... Graduation is ok, I like it and I'm happy it's selling so much and is beating 50...I'dont think it's kanye's best album but the production is exellent as usual for west..

my favourite songs are STRONGER- I WONDER - CANT TELL ME NOTHIN ( only the beat, I dont like kanye's flow on this one) EVERYTHING I AM - HOMECOMIN...

2 years ago I downloaded a track that I find called HOME.. and it was kanye's... well it's the same lyric of homecomin but the beat is different and I LOVED THAT BEAT... U can find on internet.. that song was great, I preferred that version, classic for me

that was the only slight at kanye...he's done it before where he's made one song and then recycle the lyrics...

that song was about going off to war as a troop...

there's another song he did the same with...on his january 2006 mixtape he did a verse over an old school beat by clinton sparks and featured with busta rhymes.... and the same lyrics he used later for Rhymefest's "Brand New"

i have totally changed my mind about the graduation now, at first i was like erm its ok, ive listenened to its loads since and i think its brillient, it just takes a while for me to get into it. Altho i still think drunk and hot girls is the weakest, but thats probably the only song im not sure of.

• 6 months later...

People Im sorry to be bringing old topics, but I had to tell yall that I FINALLY GOT CURTIS!!!!

LoL, This topic is a clear view of how many different opinions can people have around a subject. By the way, nobody is bringing anymore albums reviews to the forum, cmon guys, or Ill have to make a review of my new CURTIS album...

Oh, and GOD BLESSA!... LOL

It's clear which album did better. Has 50 Cent even released any other singles or videos. I don't listen 2 the radio much or watch TV, but i haven't heard anything since the time the album dropped. Kanye's steam has weakened but he's still promoting the album in the midst of everything he's going thru'. I'll still never throw Kanye West in the category of one fo the greatests...but it's clear that this is one of the cases where good music prevailed over the bad.

p.s. Everytime i go 2 music store, they have TONS of Curtis albums. They just can't move the ones they got from it's debuting week...ha ha.