JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Both "Graduation" and "Curtis" Leak

Bob

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how Mary J. Blige called him 50 Cents at the awards 2nite. She jumps on alot of other peoples' songs. But it's clear she isn't schooled on the wack commerical crap such as 50...other wise his name would have been used in a singular version.

Rapper 50 Cent recently commented on his first week's album sales projections, which estimate that his new album Curtis will move 550-600,000 units, about 200,000 less than Kanye West's new album Graduation.

The two rappers have been engaged in a "feud" over who's album would top the album charts over the past few months.

50 Cent appeared on Angie Martinez' Hot 97 show today (September 12) and blamed the album's second place status on Interscope Records.

"To be honest the process of selling this record hasn't been fun," 50 Cent said. "I'm happy with the performance, but I'm not happy with the set up. We had conference calls and after we created this plan, nobody actually had a plan."

According to first day sales data, Kanye West's Graduation is outselling 50 Cent's Curtis by a wide margin.

50 Cent also issued a warning to Def Jam, claiming he would release a new album every time the label had a big release.

"Hypothetically, if I came in under Kanye West, I would release a new album every time Def Jam had a priority. I would release a record verses every one of their top priorities," 50 Cent said.

50 Cent also said that he was finished with Interscope after the release of his next album, which will fulfill his contractual obligations to the label.

"It was the label," 50 Cent said. "They're dropping the ball all over the place. I'll release my next album and then I'm a free agent."

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/20...2/18579728.aspx

there's a youtube video where 50 is groggy last night and says he may not make another album...but idk...

Hiphopdx.com is making a biggg story about it but it doesn't seem believable.

He is donating a portion of his proceeds to the NYPD foundation for widows after the 9/11....I can't get mad at him for that.