JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Heavy D - Nuttin But Love

Hero1

Heavy D has always been one of my favorite emcees. I've been holding out for a new album forever!! His last album dropped in 1999. Other than that, the only thing i can remember him doing is producing a track on Timbaland + Magoo's last album...which waz really good.

"Nuttin' But Love" is one of the defining albums in 90's Hip-Hop. I had some classic singles (Got Me Waiting, Nuttin' But Love, Black Coffee, It's Your Night, Sex Wit U). Heavy D has always brought quality stuff with a touch of class.

Seeing this video brought back memories. This video waz in heavy rotation all summer.

• Admin

Hey AJ, I always loved that black coffee remix you sent me..but I thought it was from his latest albums.. actually thought it was on waterbed hev.. that big daddy track from the album i used to like saw the video a lot back in 97.. anyway i was listenin to black coffee again and i thought i gotta track down this album.. didnt realise the track was produced by pete rock! makes a lot of sense.. I had actually never heard that nuttin but love album..and I've got no idea why.. I never went past peaceful journey for heavy d..what an album.. anyway i got nuttin but love..this album is fantastic!! title track is one of my fav heavy tracks.. althought hip hop in 07 is woeful for me.. finding albums like main source breakin atoms and this heavy d album reaffirms why i love hip hop.. i somehow missed these classics.. Will and Heavy D are good friends..and man he lost sum weight! It would be awesome if they did a track together..

Ha, i've always wanted them 2 work 2gether. Heavy D has always been in my top 4 or 5 emcees of all time. I think all of his albums are great. Heavy (1999) has a more current Heavy D, Waterbed Hev (1997) is his slick late 90's album (compared BWS), u've got Nuttin' But Love and Peaceful Jorney. Blue Funk is his moody album that came out Peaceful Jorney and Nuttin' But Love. It features the hit "Who's The Man" and on of my favorites "Truthful." It also has appearances from Busta Rhymes and Biggie b4 they blew up. Big Tyme is the classic late 80's album with a strong New Jack Swing feel. His 1st album (forget the title at the moment) is classic old school.

Heavy D's one of the greatest mcs ever, he got a great flow

He's got that whole charisma thing going on 2. He's just naturally a nice guy. He's funny and he's got style. Even when he waz overweight, with an lazy eye and a chipped tooth, the ladies loved him. He showed them respect and gave them props in so many songs ("Sista Sista" being my favorite). Yet, he also has that rugged side the any ruffneck will nod his head 2 ("Who's The Man" is still on point 2 this day).

After getting back in2 this post, i'm definitly wanting some new music from the DiddlydiddlyD.

• 4 years later...

yeah and he had that legendary performance at the bet awards just a couple weeks ago that's why this is so shocking, i thought he still had it in him to get back to the top of hip hop again, jjfp should do a tribute to him...

yeah and he had that legendary performance at the bet awards just a couple weeks ago that's why this is so shocking, i thought he still had it in him to get back to the top of hip hop again, jjfp should do a tribute to him...

Jazzy Jeff gave his sentiments to him on twitter but I would love to see JJFP do something. It would be amazing if Pete Rock and Cl Smooth could get back together to do a track in the vein of T.R.O.Y. in honor of Heavy D. Such a bummer, Heavy D was one of those artists i'd always wanted Will to do a track with.

"friends & respect" which is the intro track on the "nuttin' but love" shows how respected and loved heavy d was in hip hop

HA HA!! I just posted on one of my friend's walls a couple weeks ago how we thought the intro to the album was dope...but that Spike Lee was soooooooooo annoying.

I remember when I first heard about the "new" album. I was in my mom's car when "Got Me Waiting" came on. It was classic Heavy D and the song was dope. From that moment, I was counting the days for it to drop.

And when I got the album, I was amazing how they flipped it and smoothed it out with Silk on the remix...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOgSETPwM0&feature=fvsr

One thing is for sure, Heavy D and LL Cool J are the kings when it comes to Hip-Hop love songs.