JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

ksmith

gosia

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the real fresh prince was benny medina..

Yeah, K. Smith is just like the microwaved version of Benny Medina but without true struggle and a self-motivating attitude that would get a TV show loosly based off his life. :paperbag:

he needs to stop talking about 'the ladies' and 'my sexy ladies' that's just annoying... it's like up until now he's never had any 'ladies' and now he's suddenly got loads... it's almost like that's all he cares about... i suppose this guy is far from perfect but he could be a lot worse... maybe we were just expecting too much??? I don't mind the song actually, it's all right but it's not due to ksmiths inclusion, i like omarion and the beat and the tune that's all

I think we all were expecting something good...but we weren't expecting 2 much. K. Smith simply hasn't stepped up 2 the plate. And even if he did, i don't think he could meet our expectations simply becuz he isn't that talented.

• Admin

I think we all were expecting something good...but we weren't expecting 2 much. K. Smith simply hasn't stepped up 2 the plate. And even if he did, i don't think he could meet our expectations simply becuz he isn't that talented.

:muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: I'm rollin over here :rofl:

:muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: I'm rollin over here :rofl:

I can't say I was ever 'expecting' anything good... I mean I thought there was a chance that something good might happen. Cos I mean this is the story... there's a young guy who's 'Uncle' is FP, and I don't know if Kyle shares any genes with Will or whatever but we know he's been around will (and jeff) for many years now... there was always a chance that kyle would have 'taken a leaf' out of jjfp's book and done something creative/different and had a stronger influence from will... it just seems a shame that he hasnt been influenced as much as he could have, but it is clear he has been and still is influenced by will with all the talk of reading and working out to keep you mind straight... it's not all bad

Every artist is different, im not saying he'll make it, or break it, we wont know till we find out, and Will's simply just letting him do his thing, hes being decent, he can say u cant say that or dont do that, but that doesn't matter, Will's giving him a chance to be true and if he messes it up, his problem, Not wills. he's old enough to realise what he's doing...end of stop arguing lol

K-Smith Speaks

Nephew of Will Smith sets his sights on being the next "Ladies Man" of rap.

September 20, 2007 - There's no question about it, K-Smith has got it good. For starters the Philly bred rapper is related to Big Willie. That's right, Will Smith is his uncle. Having somebody of that caliber in your corner goes a long way in an industry that's still ruled by #4080.

"I mean he gave me all the freedom to control my whole creative process for the album," he says of Uncle Will's involvement with his debut project. "He really helped me financially and with the business aspect of things. He doesn't dictate anything to me. He just shows me the ropes. Everything is my decision; he's just there to oversee everything." What this means is that he's not there to turn K-Smith into Will Smith, Jr. "Not at all, not at all," the young rapper laughs.

ksmithinline_1190327083.jpg

While other up-in-coming rappers continue to play it hard by continually repeating the bling themed excess of "gangsta verite," K-Smith prefers to keep it slick and smooth. He goes for more of a ladies man approach. Heck, his first single, "Better Man," features non other than Omarion on the hook. That should tell you something right there.

"I've got a lot of tracks for the ladies," says Smith. "Yeah, I'm a ladies man. I love the ladies, man." When asked why he didn't go the more popular thug route Smith is quick to point out, "Because that's not the type of artist I am. I mean I have songs for my fellas, that they'll be able to relate to. But I just go off the type of person that I am naturally. And I know that on the daily what I like to do is hang out with beautiful women. There's nothing wrong with that at all."

Even though Smith is a self-proclaimed "ladies man," he's still got a fair amount of the streets running through his blood. Born and bred in Philadelphia, he's spent a little bit of time in juvenile detention. Cliché as it may sound, too, music pretty much saved his life and calmed down his more wild side. "Absolutely," he says. "Music definitely allowed me to clean up my act and stay focused on one thing. Instead of being out on the streets, I go into the studio."

Speaking of studios, Smith is lucky on that front. Instead of sleeping on his uncle's couch, he actually has his own semi-private wing at the Will Smith estate. "I actually got a whole wing to myself," he says when asked how comfortable the couches are at Smith Manor. "I got my whole wing. My side of the house is like living in an apartment." Plus what's nice is that the family is basically right around the corner. "I love the fact that I'm out there with my uncle Will and everybody. I get to watch what he does every day, you know what I'm sayin'? I get to watch him. Who better to watch? At the same time, though, I don't look at him like Will Smith. I look at him like my regular uncle. I've known him my whole life."

So what is it that makes K-Smith a better man than all the other rappers out there today? "A lot of artists right now, they have hot singles out. You know, they know how to make hot singles that get on the radio, but they don't know how to put a full package together. They don't know how to make a whole album hot," he boldly states. "Also, they don't know how to establish themselves as their own brand. A lot times the record is bigger than the artist. Me, I'm setting up the K-Smith brand, so I'll have longevity!"

http://music.ign.com/articles/821/821769p1.html

His freestyles are wack. Literally the WORST i've EVER heard. His lyrical ability and flow haven't showed any true skill. We only have one song 2 really go by. Omarion's appearnace is a B+, the production is a C and K. Smith's flow is D+ or C- (if u wanna be generous). Compare K. Smith to Lupe Fiasco. There's no reason 2 believe he's gonna do anything worth listening. If FP's nephew is gonna do music...he should be following FP's footsteps but he isn't. His interviews are annoying...if his music is gonna be stemming from his personality (aka; keeping it real), his music is gonna be annoying. And not 2 be ignorant...but he doesn't seem very smart.

I'll listen 2 his other stuff 2 give him the benifit of the doubt, but after all these interviews and "freestyles," K. Smith is turning out 2 be a catastrophic waste of time.