JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Public Enemy

Hero1

• Admin

Fresh off their appearance at the New York stop of the Rock The Bells Tour, seminal Long Island hip-hop collective Public Enemy will release their 10th album—the verbosely titled How You Sell Soul To A Souless People Who Sold Their Soul&mash;this coming Tuesday, August 7, through Chuck D's own Slam Jamz imprint. The album not only marks the group's 20th Anniversary but also sees them re-uniting with Bomb Squad member and producer Gary G-Wiz. The Bomb Squad, which included G-Wiz and Chuck D alongside Hank Shocklee, Keith Shocklee, and Eric "Vietnam" Sadler, produced much of PE's classic material, helping define the group's sound with their erratic, manipulated sampling and beatmaking. Other notable contributions to How To Sell Soul... include a verse from KRS-One on the album's title track and production from Redman on "Can You Hear Me Now."

Following the album release, the group will make two more Rock The Bells appearances scheduled for the tour's L.A. and Bay-area shows alongside the (kind of) reunited Rage Against The Machine and Wu-Tang Clan.

Tracklst For How You Sell Soul To A Souless People Who Sold Their Soul:

01. How You Sell Soul To A Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul

02. Black is Back

03. Harder Than You Think

04. Between Hard and a Rock Place

05. Sex, Drugs & Violence

06. Amerikan Gangster

07. Can You Hear Me Now

08. Head Wide Shut

09. Flavor Man

10. The Enemy Battle Hymn of the Public

11. Escapism

12. Frankenstar

13. Col-Leepin

14. Radiation of a Radiotvmovie

15. See Something, Say Something

16. Long and Whining Road

17. Bridge of Pain

18. Eve of Destruction

19. How You Sell Soul (Time is God Refrain)

Harder than you think video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCx5Std7mCo

I heard the album...it is just classic PE with a couple of forgivable missteps. I think we should all buy a copy of this when it comes out!

What kind of missteps?

I like the video/song btw.

God Blessa!

I think it was a bit harsh of me to say "missteps" since I've only heard the album once. There were a couple of songs where I didn't feel the chemistry of the beats and rhymes in the song, but it might grow on me.

Public Enemy always bring quality, there's no question I'm gonna get this CD asap

Yeah, i picked up the album Tuesday. I haven't gotten 2 listen 2 it much at all. But from when i skimmed thru' it, the lyrics were on point as always. When it came 2 the sound, it was predicatable here and there but still good. Considering all of the PE albums that i have (which is about half of them...since they've released all those remix and live albums), i think it's somewhere in the middle. That could change after giving it a proper listen. The Flavor Flav solo trax are kinda weird since they have already been released...but oh well. PE is back and that's always a good thing.