JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hip Hop Honors 2007...

Vipa

Snoop Dogg is a all time legend, Honey.

Snoop makes 12340981230498132904810238491023984012893411324901823049811234812034823498273492

7349 songs since his debut so he's automatically a legend?

He's probably the most consistent supplier of new music ever in hip hop.

But legend?

I've liked their lineups each of the three years (they've done a good job of mixing old-school with the commercial to the gangster rappers) but I agree this year's lineup is weak. They don't have any major influence to round it out. Have the Roots or De La been honored yet? How 'bout Kool Moe Dee. And, oh yeah...Common's been in the game since '92. Wtf where's Brand Nubian? I'm about to put my foot in someone's ...

This is certainly the weakest lineup they have had so far, I don't have a problem with those being honored, it is just that are more deserving (JJFP, Nas, Common).

I think Queen Latifah should've been honored before Missy... i'm a missy fan but i think they should've waited and i like the past shows but i agree this years lineup is kinda weak.

Edited by ant1

I think Queen Latifah should've been honored before Missy...

:yeahthat:

This kinda stuff doesn't bug them. Sure, they love success, but that's not their main motivation for music. The great thing about true Hip-Hop groups is they are also Hip-Hop's biggest fans. So they enjoy and support all kinds of artists and events like this. They aren't exactly waiting and being bitter when it comes 2 honors like this.

When they finally do get honored, they won't televise the JJ+FP segment...ha ha. (Grammy joke :kekeke: )

This is not the time for the FP and Jazzy to be honored, they are both pretty busy, the prince is been kinda distanced from music and they are not gonna be performing soon. But dont worry, because those are some honors we are not dying without seeing. Oh, and snoop IS A LEGEND so im cool with him being honored. Not that much for missy though.