JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hip Hop Honors 2007...

Vipa

Snoop before Common and Nas? off course.. Common is great, but not a legend right now.. Snoop is a living legend.. Nas is legend.. Maybe next year. Missy is a legend because she has multiple talents and and one of the biggest women artist of the world..

Guest Guest

Common is better then Snoop, he is a better freestyler and everything, don't get me wrong Snoop is good, but Common has been around jus as long if not longer then Snoop.

I think the Hip-Hop Honors purposely try 2 pick Hip-Hop acts from all eras so it's not just mid-80's artists or early 90's artists, which i think it a good idea. There are a lot of other artists that are better and more consistant then Missy and Snoop but i still think they deserve their shine. Missy is one of Hip-Hop's biggest fans. She loves the old school and incoporates that in her new music. Snoop is the same way. He mixes it with the gangsta stuff he helped put on the map, but the heart of true Hip-Hop is mixed in with his West Coast hood tales.

The longer this board holds on2 the idea that JJ+FP will be honored, the longer the wait is gonna be. They'll be honored one year, but realize their are hundreds of acts 2 choose and scheduling conflicts for the biggest boxoffice draw in the world.

This might be the show i look forward 2 the most every year. I can't wait.

Im my opinion, that lineup is a little weak. Whodini should get their props, but Snoop should have to wait a little longer. He is still making albums, while many legends that are out of the game deserve to be honored.

Guest Guest

Im my opinion, that lineup is a little weak. Whodini should get their props, but Snoop should have to wait a little longer. He is still making albums, while many legends that are out of the game deserve to be honored.

well then in that case JJ shouldn't be honored, which he should same w/ FP, but in your logic JJ nor WS should be honored, since they ar still makin cds, might take longer then others but they are still releasing, and Teddy Rilley is a producer w/ his own label Buck And A Dream.