JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Chamillionaire - Mixtape Messiah 3...

Vipa

i'm giving chamillionaire another shot since he presents himself so well since his last album....

but this mixtape contains used beats and not even the one song already leaked with slick rick...

meh..

i'll wait to judge when the cd comes out

I hate to see people doubting Chamillionaire but it's all cool. The mixtape is awesome. I used to dislike anything to do with the "Dirty South", but Cham changed that quick. Cham been presenting himself for the longest time. If you heard or read his insights on the very stuff we criticize, I think you'd be a lil surprised but agree. And so what if they are used beats? Cham makes the beats way better than the original artist on it. You know that "hot beat and awful lyrics" mix. That's not on this cd. If you get down with Cham, cool. If not, that's on you. btw, that PA sticker don't mean anything. It might be for his track with Famous. There isn't really any cussing at all. I think it's only on that track with Famous and the arabic guy skits.

btw, i dont anybody missed me. lol.

And so what if they are used beats? Cham makes the beats way better than the original artist on it. You know that "hot beat and awful lyrics" mix. That's not on this cd.

A mixtape for me is a dj and an MC doing something fun, sampling, being raw...being their original selves that radio limits. It's hitting and missing with some awesome stuff and some whack "what did i just hear?" stuff.

Like my buddy popped in a green lantern mixtape from 05 that I gave him, and there's this whhhhacccck song called "We g's"...actually with Kool G. Rap...

It's the zelda beat of all things haha but its creative and something that never was on the radio or ever will be...

Playing beats from Jeezy's 05 album seems stretching in my opinion.

Chamillionaire really turned me off with "True"...a song he had on a mixtape with the "ants go marching in one by one hurah" beat...It realllly turned me off from his stuff...and riding dirty felt like a pop rap.

But the way he's come off in interviews and his respect for the game will actually have me willing to listen to his cd and give it a shot...

plus the slick rick song is good fun :wickedwisdom: