JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

who would want to see Will playing....

Guest catherine

Guest Guest

yeah, but he already played in drama movies! depending on how a subject/theme is treated I don't see why will smith couldn't play in a serious film about Mandela's life! :bangcomp: :jazzy:

• Members

I agree with Visgo, will is better at comedies than at drama movies, at least for my taste

No mandela, please, not him.... I want to see comedy, maybe some more action comedies, Will, please, stay away from the drama!

I totally disagree. Will proves his acting skills in drama. "The Pursuit of Happyness" was a great movie where Will made an excellent interpretation. Same happened in "Ali" and 6 "Degrees".

Will is a funny man, so it's not so difficult for him to make a comedy. But if he wanna be a serious actor he can't stay away from drama, and, who knows, maybe he will get the Oscar one day. :yeah:

People listen! Will wants an Oscar. And the way hes been trying to get it s through Drama. But it has a lot of cons. First, it distance us from the Will we like and we are acostumed to see. Second, it takes him even farther away from music and from making secuels from the movies we have already liked and would want to see more of them characters, and third, we have seen the characters he has agreed to play in the next 2 years: demanding, sicklooking, uncharming kinda guys, the total opposite of what he really is. Lets bring Will back for Comedy, maybe action movies involving the audience and big budgets, we know he can handle it, and we know we love it.

yeah, i think there is plenty of time for him to win an oscar, it tends to be older people that win them anyway. He has a time limit with making action films and music, u cant really do that when your 50, well to a point u can lol. Plus, i like the whole fun side of Will better too. Its what hes best at, yeah hes a great actor in the dramas but i dont enjoy them as much.

Lets bring Will back for Comedy, maybe action movies involving the audience and big budgets, we know he can handle it, and we know we love it.

Well, some people prefer Will in comedies (like you), other people prefer him in drama (like me), but you can't try to convince people you are right. Each one has his own oppinion and, most important of all, it's HIS career, HIS life. Let him do what he wants with it. :1-say-yes: