JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I, Robot 2

MaxFly

Interesting...

First off, it looks like "Battlestar Galactica" producer Ronald Moore is penning a sequel to the Will Smith sci-fi flick "I, Robot." It seems to be in the very early stages, so don't get all angry just yet. (Moore's film credits include "Mission: Impossible 2," "Star Trek: First Contact," and "Star Trek: Generations.")

Rotten Tomatoes

I've always thought that a sequel to this movie would work with the right script. I don't believe it's like Independence Day where the movie can only exist on it's own. As long as the "threat" in the story waz original and not a carbon copy of the 1st, i think a good movie could come out of it.

I would much rather see Will focus on winning an Oscar for "Best Actor" than the movie itself winning for "Best Special Effects" or something. His two Oscar nominations were for Ali and The Pursuit of Happyness. Hint, hint. Make more character-driven movies. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of those types of roles in the future anyway, he said it himself...he's getting too old for all the action. I suppose we should appreciate these now before he gets tired of them.

I won't lie though...I just want him to finally win an Oscar. He deserves it.

Guest Guest_mara_*

yh will really deserves the oscar and i cant really c wat i robot 2 cud b about there r only so many storylines u can get out of robots lool xxx

yh will really deserves the oscar and i cant really c wat i robot 2 cud b about there r only so many storylines u can get out of robots lool xxx

I, Robot (the book) consists of a number of short stories. There are quite of bit of stories that can still be told. The first I, Robot left a lot of space for a sequel.

I still think it's not neccesary. A lot of people didn't like it, the critics said it was a weak movie and Del Spooner was making jokes all the time. Yeah, you can say "man, what are you talking about? It's a cool movie!" and I'll say "Yea, it's a cool movie BUT it had to be more serious". No need for a sequel. Just my oppinion. :thumbsup:

• Members

I can understand what you are saying. I, Robot isn't something serious, that can show Will's best. But i still loved the movie, cause I don't usually watch action muvies or sci-fi(sp?)? unless they have a drop of comedy. Maybe Robot is that kind of movies which people like, but which really doesn't stay in the History. I would love any new movie starring WIll mith. And the stories in the I, Robot book are really kind of interesting, can make a nice plot.

• 1 month later...

I, Robot 2? Hmm... I don't really think that this is a good idea... I dunno, I just can't imagine how the story is gonna be then... Will they just try to make some new, better robots or how's it gonna look like? I dunno, I don't really like it, actually I'm not really interested, Bad Boys III is way better for me!!! :)