Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Big ?

Was FPOBA a good thing for Will?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. was it?

• No
    • yes

• Members

Was FPOBA a good thing for Will? Sure it skyrocketed him to fame and without it there would be no Happyness, Men in Black,Ali the list goes on but Im sure we'd have more Code Reds and He's the dj im the rapper I think it was a good thing because the show was funny and I love the movies but anyone else think differently? :bat:

Edited by Bel-Air

• Members

I think it was a good thing. Besides that the producers of FP said they surrounded Will with the best actors so he could catch up with them, absorb their skills. Maybe Will would have started a movie career without FPOBL, cause it was obvious that Will is talanted, but a great start like FPOBA got the snowball rolling.

I think it waz a very good things for JJ+FP and Hip-Hop. It is the biggest Hip-Hop based show of all time. It showed America and the rest of the world that Hip-Hop wasn't a dark and scary thing. The show stands the test of time people of all ages and races love it 2 this day. Without the show, Code Red may have never happened since And In This Corner... waz swallowed up in the political and hardcore Hip-Hop coming out at the time.

Sure, it played a part in Will Smith the movie star which has kept him from releasing albums regularly, but with FPofBA, Homebase and Code Red (not 2 mention his solo albums) may have never happened since the show kept JJ+FP alive when the music wazn't doing as well.

• Members

i agree. the fpoba showed that will is a hilarious actor and it promoted him as a rapper also

• 2 weeks later...

Will used TFPOBA as his stepping stone into Hollywood. He's said in numerous interviews that he always wanted to act. This was and is his plan - to be the biggest movie star in the world. Of course we would like to hear more music from Will but this was his plan and, I believe, his destiny.

TFPOBA also kept Will's name out in the public arena while most of his hip-hop peers' shine started to wane. Other than Latifah and LL(and Ice-T to a lesser extent), most of the rappers back in the 80's had(and still do) a hard time keeping their name out there.