JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

SPICE GIRLS REUNION TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT

This is for the other 2 or 3 people on this board that care...

From AOL News...

-----

Exclusive: Spice Girls Reunion Tour Announcement

Posted Jun 28th 2007 8:30AM by Julia May-Brown

Filed under: Pop, News

There was a palpable air of excitement in London this afternoon as several camera crews stationed themselves both outside and inside London's O2 Arena -- formerly the Millennium Dome -- to capture the moment pop has been anticipating: the Spice Girls' reunion announcement. Crowds quickly gathered to catch a glimpse of the Girls -- Emma Bunton (Baby Spice), Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice), Melanie Brown (Scary Spice), Melanie Chisholm (Sporty Spice) and Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice) -- officially re-formed for the first time in nearly ten years.

Conference host Richard E. Grant -- who played the group's manager in their cult flick 'Spice World' -- took the stage, introducing himself as "Old Spice." The Girls followed soon after, prompting a frenzy among photographers. One suffered a slight injury, catching the group's eye. "Don't worry," Geri said. "We're sending Melanie in to give you mouth-to-mouth," perhaps offering Grant his choice of Melanies. Her cheeky remark was merely a taste of the humor and subsequent laughter that would permeate the event.

Straight out the gate, one question dominated the event: Why reunite now? "Why now?" Mel B responded. "Why not?"

"It's now or never," added Geri.

"We wanted to say a proper goodbye to our fans all over the world," said Mel C.

The five ladies will do just that with an 11-date, six-continent world tour, beginning December 7 in Los Angeles, and will include stops in New York, Las Vegas, Beijing, Sydney, Madrid, London and Buenos Aires, among other cities. "That's a lot of world, a lot of people and a lot of fun," Geri said.

They plan to sing songs from each of their albums, including the third, 2000's 'Forever,' on which Geri doesn't appear (she left the group in 1998). But she said that won't stop her; Mel B plans to let Geri sing some of her lines. The Girls do, however, have a few songs they're most looking forward to performing. Among them, 'Wannabe' (Mel B's pick), 'Too Much' (Victoria's) -- but Mel C couldn't decide on one. "We've got so many great songs," she said.

When asked what the shows would be like, the whip-smart Geri deadpanned, "There will be five girls, music, lights and topless dancers."

"Are you going to be doing that?" Mel B shot back.

"We want it to be spectacular," Mel C said.

Equally known for their outrageous fashion as their infectious tunes, the Girls will not be taming their attire for the jaunt. "We want to give a hats off to our characters," Mel C said.

"Leopard print is back in anyway," Mel B joked.

A journalist from the U.K. questioned whether or not the five ladies -- three of the five are moms, and Emma is currently expecting her first child -- were fit to tour. Mel B responded by exiting the stage and descending into the press pit, where she then asked the journalist to take off his shirt and prove how fit he was. The room erupted in laughter as the question died a quick death.

The women said that they plan to construct makeshift portable daycare for their tour as each of their children join them on the road. "We want our kids to see what we do for a living," Victoria said.

As far as the future is concerned, the Girls are still discussing the possibility of recording new material, but the group is slated to take part in a "revealing" documentary. "You're going to see the dark side of the Spice Girls," Geri said.

But for now, the ladies are happy as is. "We've experienced something so unique together," Mel C said.

"It's really been the six of us who make this work," Victoria expounded, referring to her mates and their manager, Simon Fuller. "You need a man with balls of steel to get us back together."

"We're like family," Geri added. "Anyone can overcome anything if we can get back together."

To catch the Girls on tour, sign up at www.thespicegirls.com and register for the opportunity to purchase tickets at the city and show you wish to attend. Lucky fans who are randomly selected will be able to buy as many as six tickets, and will be notified no later than Oct. 1.

Spice Girls tour dates:

12/7:Los Angeles

12/8:Las Vegas

12/11: New York

12/15: London

12/20: Cologne

12/23: Madrid

1/10: Beijing

1/12: Hong Kong

1/17: Sydney

1/20: Cape Town

1/24: Buenos Aires

• Members

i wonder how long will they stay together, considering all this ego in one place

Well, that's what most reunions are about. Just getting 2gether for a short bit...not 2 stay 2gether and busy. They all have individual things going on and i don't think they wanna get trapped in the same situation they were back in the mid/late 90's.

When reunions happen, it's usually for 2 reasons...either the group does like working 2gether and wants 2 get 2gether 4 a bit and/or give back 2 the loyal fans....OR they are just broke and desperate for money. Their reason seems 2 be more of the 1st one. Reading all the stuff they were saying was hilarious and reminded me of how they handled interviews and press conferences back in the day. The picture of them all 2gether had them all smiles and close 2 each other. Very good acting if they are just in it for the money.

i dont know how much info about Take That got to the US, but basically they were a really popular boy band in the 90's, they did a reunion tour and it sold out so fast, then they decided to record a new album and got 2 number ones with it. They keep touring now bcoz its so popular. I was hoping something like this would happen with the spice girls, but they said they are just touring and thats it. The only hope is that its hugely successful but i doubt it would happen. They dont have much as far as careers go, but 4 of them have kids.

And if anyone wonders why im so into the spice girls all of a sudden lol, its bcoz im sick of this Indie **** thats all over the radio.

Yeah, a reunion tour is also a safe way 2 test out what a future project would be like...a full tour, and album, etc. Take That got a lil' love from pop fans in the US during the 90's. If they can get that kind a success, i imagin the Spice Girls blowing all of that way.

And yeah, i'd love 2 hear them on Top 40 radio again. With groups like Panic At The Disco and Fall Out Boy on the radio, i can't even rely on the hits of other genres to make me wanna give Top 40 a try.