JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

TYRESE GIVES PROPS 2 HIS ROYAL FRESHNESS

I was listening 2 The Steve Harvey Morning Show on the radio on my way 2 work the other day and he waz interviewing Tyrese. I caught the end of it where he said he had a life changing conversation about 2 weeks ago. He said it got to talk to FP for like 4 hours and he waz dropping constant knowledge. He said that he always had respect for the 'Prince because he identified with him as someone who came from nothing who got everything. He said he admired FP's drive to keep going and getting better since he could easily be satisfied with everything he's done and everything he has. Tyrese said he asked him about his drive and FP said that so many actors are busy worrying about getting top billing. FP said that when he did Independence Day, he had fouth billing, but that because he worked hard for himself, he felt like it was his movie. Everyone in Steve's studio was like "really, he had fourth billing?...he's the only person i remember in that movie"...ha ha. Tyrese reinforced that he was saying "forget about your billing and who's in front of you...shine where u are and do what u do for yourself. It waz kinda disappointing becuz u could tell in Tyrese' voice that he waz totally inspired and got so much out of his time kicking with FP but didn't even begin 2 touch on it.

Just thougth i'd share.

I'd love 2 see them do a song...and a movie 2gether.

Yeah, it certainly would be interesting to see them in a movie and/or song together.

:shakehead: What are u talking about?!? I've been a fan of Tyrese since he first came out. Him giving FP props isn't gonna make me like him or suggest they do a song 2gether. If u could check the old Sony boards u'd see me putting Tyrese on a list of people i'd want him doing songs with YEARS ago.

Stupid statement. :stupid:

I really liked him in Four Brothers and Baby Boy. I wanted 2 see Waist Deep but haven't yet. I'm more a fan of the music tho.' His most recent one may be a bit less focused than the other, but i think he's one of the top talents of R-N-B between the late 90's thru' now.