JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Why i hate MTV

analogue

Years ago i used to love MTV but now i hate it. The reason for this is that all they ever show on MTV these days is reality TV, now isnt MTV ment to be Music Television? This isnt RTV! (although with the way things are now they might as well change the name to RTV) Why are they evan showing Reality TV on a music channel anyway? I mean you wouldn't switch on the cooking channels and find a game of Football going on.

I can't evan remember the last time MTV played a music video

• Members

i totally agree. and even those nobrainer so-called reality shows are all directed and people are just acting, really stupid

• Members

It all depends on which country's MTV that is. In my country MTV does show music vids, but mostly early in the morning and at night. At daytime they show 5 mins of celebrity news, maybe 2-4 times a day, shows like the one, where there's 1 person on the screen and 3 opponents, trying to win him, then the 2 kiss and if it's in the lips - they're a couple, if in the cheeck - friends. DOn't know if that show is a remake. Then stuff like Fabulous life, near 2 other VH1 shows. Music charts. That's pretty much all. And the music they show is complete rubbish. So i hate mtv too, not hate, but don't watch. Oh! I forgot the 2 serials, that are absolutely awful and unbarable, though people love them. yuck!

The whole point is - MTV is loosing its normal audience, because all they show is thing that crazy fans of popular music would watch, and dumb people love cheap reality shows. I don't mind watching some, but some good ones

MTV has been dead since the 90's. Before they played so much music, had music-releated interviews with a few music related shows. Now it's filled with quickly processed shows for idiotic teens.

Back in the day there waz Yo! MTV Raps, Headbangers Ball, Most Wanted, Club MTV, etc. If it wazn't a show showcasing videos from a certain genre, it waz random music videos back to back and shows releated 2 music. I loved MTV in the late 80's and early 90's.

These days u have nothing but garbage reality TV shows that are incredibly fake. Esposed, Room Raiders, Next...all those dating shows are straight trash. The people on it sound like they can't read...but are attempting 2 read from scripts cuz everything they say sounds so fake cuz they know cameras are on them. Real World has been played out for 10 years now. Road Rules and all that other crap waz stupid from the start. I do like Run's House and i liked Ashley Parker Angel's show...but they of course were related to music. I love Jackass, but that of course isn't on TV anymore. I can stand to watch Pimp My Ride every once in a while. But for the most part, i don't watch it anymore. It really has nothing 2 do with music anymore. It's just pathetic. It falls in place with embarassing state of popular music.

What they really need 2 do is have 2 networks...one strictly music and another for reality shows. Nobody really respects MTV anymore. Even if they like it, it's cuz they don't care about the music aspect of it.