JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye West "Stronger"

TooFresh

I don't see why not, really. What has you questioning it? I saw this a few days ago. It's really not that deep but it seems like the public is rejecting any rap single that doesn't have a one-word hook repeated over and over. I hope for this reason alone that the song gets recognition. Can't Tell Me Nothing doesn't seem to have done too well, this new single came out fast.

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger

ive decided, no matter how much of an ass Kanye is, i really do like his music. And i only just realised apart from Jazzy Jeffs new album, i havnt bought a newly released rap album since late registration.

anyway i wasnt sure about the song at first but its grown on me so much.

I absolutely agree.. when I first heard it I didn't like it that much.. but after hearin' it a few more times and watchin' this great video it totally grew on me.. great track.. way better than 'Can't Tell Me Nothing'

i think cant tell me nothing could have been alot more. too me it sounds like the beat needs to drop, the song is in that time before the drop. and the new song, i like it. its unique, thats the whole point. but whatever, i do seem skeptical of his new cd, cause the past singles were really good. these are 2 that are sub par and they are singles, which are supposed to be really catchy

I want his sunglasses from the video, anybody know where?

no no i do like the song, i'm just person who likes sunglasses, and hey if it's good enough for the two prince's, they must be ok for me :gettinjiggywitit:

I can't say i thought "Can't Tell Me Nothin'" waz good at all. The production sucks. It's not imaginative, thick, layered, or even very musical. The only thing i liked about it waz the vocal sample. Kanye's lyrics in that song are empty nothing...but the real crime is his flow. It's just awful. Everything about that song reminds me of something Puffy would do.

Kanye's best song was "All Falls Down"...and since then, that's what the quality of his music has done.

It's gotten to the point where I've got at least SOME got respect for any rap song that's hook isn't the repetition of 1-3 words.

SAD.

God Blessa!

Sometimes hooks are just meant to be catchy so people remember the song. Look at "Switch"..