JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Batman's New Suit

MaxFly

I saw this a couple days ago, and I hate it, I still think the original Batman film was the best

I actually like it. I wish they'd stay more consistent tho.' There really isn't any reason 2 totally revamp the costume every movie. The changes between Batman and Batman Returns were appropriate. I thought all the other costumes looked really cool. I just don't believe there is a reason 2 totally rework it everytime around.

The costume actually reminds me of the Batman Forever and especially Batman + Robin when it comes 2 the contemporary look. Since Batman Begins had a retro feel to me, the 1st look of this costume reminds me of the inconsistent jump between the 90's movies. I actually like all of those Batman movies (tho' it's clear that some were better than others). Batman has gone thru' many changes in the comic books and those movies represented various eras pretty well.

I can't wait for the next one. After all the other superhero movies that have come out (which i do like)...i really can't wait 4 a new Batman. I'm hoping they get the details to the Flash, Wonder Woman, Justice League and the next Superman movie together in the next few years as well.

The Bat costume from Batman Begins was reworked largely because it was very awkward for fighting scenes. As with most of the other Bat costumes, Christian Bale had trouble turning his head and making other normal movements easily in the previous costume. I believe that this is largely what lead to the sort of fighting scenes we saw in Batman Begins. This new costume will actually make it's appearance halfway throughout the movie as it's change is actually part of the plot of the movie.

I think this much better than any of the previous costumes... here's a look at some of the old ones in comparison to the new one.

batman_1989_9.jpg

kilmer2.jpg

batmanclooney.jpg

batmanbeginssignvg8.jpg

TheDarkKnight.jpg

Edited by MaxFly

• Members

things were so much simpler when batman was a cartoon;)

I only remember Batman having 2 turn his whole body instead of just his head in the 1989 movie. Either way, if u are actually noticing that while watching the movie, u are either really weird or don't like the movie at all. If anything, i'd just make it part of the character.

I only remember Batman having 2 turn his whole body instead of just his head in the 1989 movie. Either way, if u are actually noticing that while watching the movie, u are either really weird or don't like the movie at all. If anything, i'd just make it part of the character.

I love the movie but it's not exactly hard to notice. It's not a big deal at the time, but when you hear about this new Batsuit then it starts to pop up in your head.

God Blessa!

Most people should have noticed this, if not just from the bulk and awkwardness of the suits, then from the lack of proper movement during fighting and action scenes. Batman's supposed to be a world class fighter... having mastered several martial arts disciplines... in the comics he's mastered all of them... While that is very, very unrealistic in terms of a movie, he should be able to do more than throw amature punches and kicks... and at the very least, he should be able to turn his head and move his body fluidly.

For a better understanding, if you've seen any of the Jason Bourne movies, Bruce Wayne (without armor or weapons) would have Jason Boune on the ground with a broken arm, 2 broken ribs, and a cracked collar bone in 4 seconds. :fencing:

I've noticed this shortcoming in the movies since the original Burton film likely because I've always expected to see great Batman fights where he's just plowing through thugs like he's meant to. Batman Begins came the closest of all the films, but much of the fights were filmed as closeups, partly I think, because of the awkwardness of the suit and the lack of proper movement.

• Members

I'm still undecided on the new suit, I think it looks a bit to robotic and mechanical, though looking from those pics, the first Batman suit from 1989 looks pretty good too. I think Keaton did a good job as Batman, it's the best film apart from Begins.