JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What is Jay Z best song ever?

VIsqo

Jay Z has lots of songs, name them commercial, name them misogynists, name them the way you want to name them, he has a lot of great songs. The black album was incredible and one of the best ever, resonable doubt was the bomb in its time, and the sales for kingdom como were pretty decent too, too say the least. Now I want you to tell me which are your picks for Jay zs best songs ever, maybe your favorite ones.

Here are mine:

1- Allure.

2- Blueprint 2

3- Song cry.

4- Dead presidents part 1.

5- Dirt off your shoulders.

Now what are your picks?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not me, it was a voting iN MTV and some people reunited to decide the top 10 rappers of the history and he was the one they chose to be number 1. Thats were i took the title.

• Members

I've lost almost all of my respect for Jay (it's more like I lost all of it, but now I feel better) after I saw what I saw about his song, I don't remember the title, but if you flip it over and play you hear awful things.

There are rappers I like from the first time I hear them, Jay is not one of them. Sorry, I didn't match the topic :sorry:

Edited by Stacy

Well, u didnt say whats ur fave song from him, because no matter how much u dont respect or hate some rapper u gotta have a song u like the most from him.

I've lost almost all of my respect for Jay (it's more like I lost all of it, but now I feel better) after I saw what I saw about his song, I don't remember the title, but if you flip it over and play you hear awful things.

There are rappers I like from the first time I hear them, Jay is not one of them. Sorry, I didn't match the topic :sorry:

I think i know what you're talking about. It was the video where someone was playing it in Church, right?

That song was the Interlude on DJ DangerMouse's "The Grey Album" (A Project Jay Z had NOTHING to do with). Danger Mouse Pieced all that together. I guess to an extent he was trying to be artistic, since there are a lot of rumors that the Beatles purposely put backwards messages in some their music (I don't know if that was Danger Mouses intent though, just my assumption).....Jay had nothing to do with the track. Danger Mouse just randomly pieced together vocals from "Threats".

Edited by Vipa

Guest Guest_Hymn Strings_*

I hate his flow too. Sometimes he got nice punchlines. I especially hate it when he trys to rhyme lines by the last syllable and not the entire word. It's okay as a bail-out here and there, but not too often or else it's just laziness.

wow I'm shocked on how much hate there is for Jay-Z on this board. I use to hate on him besides his hot singles from "The Black Album" four years ago but I love him now. He's definitly my 3rd favorite emcee. I just love his voice, his flow (even tho it was much better before '96), hes got such a swagga to him. He looks funny as hell too, fat lips..looks like a camal. hahaI hate him tho for taking the NJ Nets and moving them to Brooklyn (i think its stupid) but IMO I think hes up there on a Top 20 GOAT list. Am I the only Jay-Z fan on the board? lol