JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I AM LEGEND / BAD BOYS 3

Get Ready for Will Smith in "I AM LEGEND"

Posted Jun 7th 2007 1:06PM by Wilson Morales

Filed under: It's All Reel

Update: The teaser trailer for the Will Smith film, I AM LEGEND, is now online.

Robert Neville (Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable...and manmade. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City...and maybe the world. But he is not alone. He is surrounded by "the Infected"-victims of the plague who have mutated into carnivorous beings who can only exist in the dark and who will devour or infect anyone or anything in their path. For three years, Neville has spent his days scavenging for food and supplies and faithfully sending out radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. All the while, the Infected lurk in the shadows, watching Neville's every move, waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind's last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But his blood is also what The Infected hunt, and Neville knows he is outnumbered and quickly running out of time. I AM LEGEND comes out on December 14, 2007.

Reader Comments

1. That I believe is going to be a great movie Will is so talented I could just see him in the movie right now. I think he is going to be great and I think they picked the right man for the part. You go boy I guess one day they will give the perfect man an Oscar you deserve it especially for "Ali" and "The Pursuit of happiness" that one made me cry,he was so real him and his little cutie and so many others that it would take all day to name.So if he reads this I'm praying for you Will Smith.

Lynett Lewis at 1:51PM on Jun 7th 2007

2. this sound amazing like the OMega man starring Charlton heston...

ernest Brown at 2:00PM on Jun 7th 2007

3. It's a remake of "Omega Man" which was a remake of "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price.

kim akins at 3:18PM on Jun 7th 2007

4. Just what I've been waiting for....another Will Smith movie! I can't wait to see it 50 times like all his others.

pee jay at 12:43AM on Jun 8th 2007

5. Wil Smith is blessed. He can turn any project into a box office success. In this case, the virus won. Mankind has mutated and Wil missed the bus. It's just a matter of time before he falls asleep and rejoins the race. One person always makes a difference until his bullets run out. The angry mob wins.

Cecil Jones at 5:00AM on Jun 8th 2007

6. I love will Smith. I think he's one of great black actor. Anything he's in I'd see.It looks good.

james at 8:59AM on Jun 10th 2007

7. I thought this movie was a remake of an old Harry Belafonte movie called "The World, The Flesh and The Devil" which came out in 1959. The plot of that movie seems to be more similar to I Am Legend, rather than Omega man. Maybe Omega Man is a remake of that movie, who knows. I can't wait to see it just the same.

Kim at 6:18PM on Jun 10th 2007

8. This movie is based on the book by Richard Matheson I Am Legend, not The Omega Man

One of the most influential vampire novels of the 20th century, I Am Legend regularly appears on the "10 Best" lists of numerous critical studies of the horror genre. As Richard Matheson's third novel, it was first marketed as science fiction (for although written in 1954, the story takes place in a future 1976). A terrible plague has decimated the world, and those who were unfortunate enough to survive have been transformed into blood-thirsty creatures of the night. Except, that is, for Robert Neville. He alone appears to be immune to this disease, but the grim irony is that now he is the outsider. He is the legendary monster who must be destroyed because he is different from everyone else. Employing a stark, almost documentary style, Richard Matheson was one of the first writers to convince us that the undead can lurk in a local supermarket freezer as well as a remote Gothic castle. His influence on a generation of bestselling authors--including Stephen King and Dean Koontz--who first read him in their youth is, well, legendary. --Stanley Wiater --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

Thomas Mack at 10:39AM on Jun 11th 2007

9. It seems to be a great movie. I'm going to mark that on my calendar. So I can take the family to see it. I hope this will give him an Oscar. He should've got it for The Pursuit Of Happyness. He was great in that I cried during the movie, and after I saw the Oscars when he lost. But its okay 3 is a charm. So we all should keep our fingers cross. He is a hard worker. I can see that he really wants the Oscar.

Sheida at 11:03AM on Jun 11th 2007

10. Looks like another great choice for Will. In the pursuit of happiness was incredible and his son seems to be talented as well. I can't wait to see it.

Brandon at 7:24PM on Jun 11th 2007

11. This movie seems like it's going to be another hit as well as his previous movie. I am looking forward to watching this movie when it comes out. I love Will Smith. He is a great, inspiring, and talented actor.

LaShanda Anderson at 11:30PM on Jun 11th 2007

12. He's worked on this film for over a year and half so this will add to his Sci Fi resume as BLOCKBUSTER because the book was great! Will has mos def grown into a exceptional actor.

Jayce005 at 6:12AM on Jun 12th 2007

13. I stated this befor, Will and Dana (QL) is what hip hop is to me. Both Urbanites (somewhat) rappers and did not have to start a beef or get shout for the success they have achieved. My kangol is off to Will.

Keep doin what you doin bruh.....Next we will see Common Blow up. Even though 50 Cents is getting his, he need to take notes. He need to know he not on the block no more..not that he is wanted or respected there.

BigGntl at 10:25AM on Jun 12th 2007

14. thanks thomas mack now i dont have to spent $10.00 on a movie ticket....

wendy r at 12:16AM on Jun 13th 2007

15. It's gonna be a great movie.

But actually it's a remake of the "last man on Earth".

But anyway, Will smith brings his personal touch!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We want to see "Bad Boys 3" with Martin Lawrence and Will Smith

Posted Jun 11th 2007 6:25PM by Wilson Morales

Filed under: It's All Reel

With so many franchises putting out their third film this summer such as "Spider-Man 3", Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End", "Shrek The Third", "Ocean's Thirteen", "The Bourne Ultimatum", and "Rush Hour 3", there's a film out there that I know fans really want to see, and that is "Bad Boys 3" with Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.

No other African American pairing had been so much fun to watch since Bill Cosby and Sidney Poitier did "Uptown Saturday Night" and "Let's Do It Again" decades ago. If Lawrence and Smith were to do another one, it will be very costly to produce since each of them make over $20 million per picture, but with a producer like Jerry Bruckheimer, that shouldn't be an issue. In speaking to Martin Lawrence recently , he entertained the possibility.

Martin Lawrence: That's up to (Producer) Jerry Bruckheimer and (Director) Michael Bay and Will Smith. I'm ready if they call.

While Bruckheimer has the sequel to "National Treasure" coming out later this year, he should remember that "Bad Boys 2" struck gold at the box office worldwide and a third film would cost less than Pirates 3 and still make money.

What do you think? Wouldn't a third film be fun watch?

Reader Comments

1. Bad Boys 3 would be worth the money to go watch at the movies since both of these black men are very good looking and they are so funny

Starchild at 7:06PM on Jun 11th 2007

2. I would LOVE to see them again... they work so well together, you can tell there is a natural chemistry and comraderie and that comes across on screen. I would definately see it... on opening day too! : ))

I press at 8:00PM on Jun 11th 2007

3. Bad Boy 3 would be HOT!!! Looking forward to that one. Authentic Coach footwear http://executees.net

Tracy Wright at 8:15PM on Jun 11th 2007

4. I know this Movie will be great me and my son love both Bad boys 1 and 2 and are looking for 3

Chris Miller at 8:28AM on Jun 12th 2007

5. I would not care to see Martin Lawrence in anything. He's not a trained actor. Lawrence is the king of modern-day minstrels and black buffoons in hollywood, and he is not genuinely funny. It's 2007: When will the first movie be made, by blackfilmmakers, about the black holocaust? Black people need to stop confining themselves to laughter in film and TV sitcoms, while these Negroes grin and take our money to the bank (or do drugs, as in Lawrence's case). We need to start creating books, magazines, theatre, music and film that teaches our children where they come from, instead of keeping them distracted with comedy while opportunities and people of other ethnicities pass them by.

Ronald E. Childs at 9:08AM on Jun 12th 2007

6. Ronald,

Stop being so bitter. We need a little laughing to survive. Bad Boys 3 would be great move. So are you

watch the white movies and let them take your money to the bank and drugs. Grow up. Who gave you a bad number?

Ms. Badddddddddddd at 11:48AM on Jun 12th 2007

7. I would definitely go to see it. Marty Mart is the man and I always see his movies.

KLD at 1:34PM on Jun 12th 2007

8. Why? 2 was garbage!

Erick at 3:46PM on Jun 12th 2007

9. Why would you wanna see BAD BOYS 2, the sequel was crap and veeeery UNFUNNY. Besides, movies don't work in three's, all three's suck!

bigbaby at 9:49AM on Jun 13th 2007

10. Bigbaby, movies do work in threes. If bad boys 3 come out, I, and so many others will watch it.

Here in Florida at 2:27PM on Jun 13th 2007

11. bb3 would be what's up! Martin is a very blessed and a very talented and funny actor. He just finished an incredible film directed by Spike Lee's cousin, Malcolm Lee, that trust me when I tell you is sure to become a family classic. You can't fake the funk alongside other vets like Mr. James Earl Jones (plays Martin's father); Margaret Avery (His mother); Monique (his sister); Michael Clark Duncan (His brother) Cedric the Entertainer (His play brother); Mike Epps (his cousin); Joy Bryant (his love interest) and Nicole Ari (a good old friend). Trust me when I tell you everyone's about to feel for real Martin's acting chops - there's drama; romance; comedy and rich family heritage the likes of which we haven't seen in a while. Come on haters, what have you done to lift up society lately?

darice at 5:50PM on Jun 13th 2007

12. I really love will smith, in all of his movies. looking at him now he looks sick, lots of weight lost. are he on drugs are what, not looking to good these days.

Patricia Hightower at 6:28AM on Jun 14th 2007

13. Damn what's Ronald's problem? Will is not a "trained" actor either. What black holocost is he talking about? There have been plenty of slave films so I guess he is talking about some other event I am unaware of.

As for Bad Boy 3, I guess it has an audience, but I didn't like 1 or 2.

Bird at 7:22AM on Jun 14th 2007

14. Patricia,

Will has not lost weight that I am aware of, but he is getting older. All the plastic surgery in Hollyweird may have made us forget about that little fact of life, but it will surely happen if we are blessed. I like him with or without the grey. It's cool if he colors it, but personally I think being confident in who you are is ultra sexy.

Bird at 7:26AM on Jun 14th 2007

15. WHAT!? THIS MOVIE WILL BE CRAZY IF THEY MAKE A 3 Both of Them R Funny

It all depends on the box-office.. BB1 earned a sequel because it made 140 M WW.

BB2 earned 280 M. WW, but BB1 had a production budget of 20 M. while BB2 had one of 140 M.

It wasn't a huge success, but I think they feel a bit of guilty and would want to finish on a high note with BB3.

Even though I loved the humor in BB2 the car chase and the final action scene in the villa, the movie was missing authenticy.They tried too hard to deliver on the comedy and action parts, that they forgot to connect everything together.Also, there was too much gore.

• Admin

authenticy.They tried too hard to deliver on the comedy and action parts, that they forgot to connect everything together.Also, there was too much gore.

Are you serious? The original bad boys had a plot that made absolutely no sense and no authenticity whatsoever. The gore was apropriate because this was a hard R rated action flick reminiscent of the 80s... All I would want with Bad Boys 3 is kick ass action and comedy.. Bruckheimer producing/Bay directing Will & Martin bringing the comedy :wiggle:

authenticy.They tried too hard to deliver on the comedy and action parts, that they forgot to connect everything together.Also, there was too much gore.

Are you serious? The original bad boys had a plot that made absolutely no sense and no authenticity whatsoever. The gore was apropriate because this was a hard R rated action flick reminiscent of the 80s... All I would want with Bad Boys 3 is kick ass action and comedy.. Bruckheimer producing/Bay directing Will & Martin bringing the comedy :wiggle:

Well I can respect that, but I felt 1 was more genuine and in flow then 2. The action and humor in 2 was way better then 1,

but I just felt like I connected more to 1 then 2.

I'd love to see a third Bad Boys movie, too. 2007 and 2008 will be the years of sequels, because a lot of action movies get new sequels. Why not Bad Boys? After part 2, which was awesome, they have to do a 3rd one.

Both movies are genious, but I prefer part 2, because the action is much better and the jokes are dirty. Especially Lawrence is awesome, when he's on drugs.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1552462/story.jhtml

Michael Bay Divulges 'Transformers' Details — And Word Of 'Bad Boys III'

Blockbuster director talks voice-overs, truck-destroying stunts and sequels.

By Josh Horowitz

Del.icio.us Digg Newsvine Send Print You Tell Us

Few figures are as polarizing to movie fans as Michael Bay. He's been knocked for his supposed style-over-substance approach to filmmaking even as his movies have nearly all achieved blockbuster status. From "Bad Boys" to "Armageddon," Bay knows big-time summer entertainment. And this summer, he's back with his most anticipated flick yet — the feature-film version of "Transformers." Do we really need to tell you what it's about? Cool cars turn into giant robots. Got it?

Bay recently spoke exclusively to MTV News about his upcoming film, slated for release this July 4. (To watch the director talk truck-smashing stunts and sequels, click here.)

MTV: So you have Steven Spielberg producing a Michael Bay film, a July 4 release — it seems like all the planets are aligned for "Transformers" to be huge. What can we expect from this film?

Michael Bay: It's a magical movie in a lot of ways. There's some awesome action in it. I've done action my whole life. I don't get excited about action anymore, but I'm excited about this. When robots transform at 85 miles an hour, you can do a lot with that. There are some mind-blowing visual effects and we're not even going to show them in the commercials. Normally when they advertise movies they show everything. Steven and I are just going to show a few pieces.

MTV: It's that old Spielberg axiom of never revealing too much.

Bay: Yeah. You've got to leave a lot hidden. We'll never show transformations. You'll never really get a good look at the robots until the release.

MTV: You've directed action of a pretty high caliber before. Can you compare the kind of action we'll see in "Transformers" to what you've done before?

Bay: You can do a lot with 30-foot and 40-foot robots. It's just very unique action. It's just mind-blowing. [Effects studio Industrial Light & Magic] does so many movies and I've never seen a crew so excited. A lot of them were "Tranformers" geeks and were totally in love with these effects. Ironhide's gun has 10,000 parts. It's because of the über-geeks at ILM who put so much craft into everything.

MTV: Is there one set piece you're itching for an audience to see?

Bay: There are 14 set pieces, actually. I counted. We got a lot of bang for our buck on this. It cost $150 million whereas the "Pirates" movies cost over $200 million.

MTV: What can we expect in the last reel of the film? You've hinted that it's pretty big stuff.

Bay: It happens in a city and it happens with a lot of robots fighting. The kids are at the center of it. You're going to have to go see it.

MTV: Cars turning into alien robots is about as far-fetched a concept as it gets. So how do you make it feel real to an audience?

Bay: It starts with the digital models and how you make these things emote. It's all about how they're made so they fit in the real world. I'm very adamant when we do computer graphics that it looks dead real. It seems like a dying art, but I'm one of the few directors that actually shoots a lot in camera. A lot will do these stunts in CG world whereas I will do it mostly real and add elements. There was one extremely dangerous stunt where we had to take a bus, jackknife it and split it with a guy driving and then we add the robot coming through. A lot of people would just make a CG bus and crash it [but] the audience can tell what's fake.

MTV: There was that famous tagline for "Superman": "You'll believe a man can fly." Do you think this summer we will believe that cars can turn into robots?

Bay: I've shown kids some of the movie and they've said to their dads, "Where did Michael Bay get those robots, dad?! Where'd he get them?!"

MTV: "Transformers" fans can be pretty fervent, and they were picking you apart from the get-go. Did you pay attention to what they were saying?

Bay: Absolutely. They all think I wasn't listening, but I was.

MTV: So what can the über-fan ...

Bay: Are you an über-fan?

MTV: I am.

Bay: I could see it. I could see it in your eyes!

MTV: So why should the über-fans be confident that Michael Bay has led us down the right path here?

Bay: Listen, I just didn't want to make the boxy characters. It's boring and it would look fake. By adding more doo-dads and stuff on the robots, more car parts, you can just make it more real. I was listening to the fans and I know they hated the Optimus paint job with the stripes. Why did I do it? Because I liked the ribs. That caused a lot of grief. [He laughs.]

MTV: Tell me about the voices we'll hear in the film.

Bay: The only one we have done is Peter Cullen for Optimus.

MTV: Are you casting name actors?

Bay: No, not name actors.

MTV: Will any other voices come from the old cartoon?

Bay: I can't really say yet. It's still an ongoing process. The voices are the next thing we're going to be doing.

MTV: Do you view this as an ongoing franchise? Is there an arc for future "Transformers" movies?

Bay: [He takes a long pause.]

MTV: I see a smile.

Bay: Yeah, of course you want to create a franchise. If you do "Transformers 2," we definitely have to go bigger.

MTV: Are there certain Transformers you'd like to get into a sequel?

Bay: Absolutely. Yeah. I can't tell you yet because the script's not written, but the writers, after they saw the movie were like, 'I don't know what we're going to write now.' It's like, what else do we do? We'll figure it out.

MTV: Do you feel like you made this giant film your own? Does it still feel personal to you?

Bay: Oh, come on. It's not personal. This is popcorn.

MTV: But there's that Michael Bay stamp ...

Bay: There's totally my stamp all over the place because I basically write all my own action. I do that to keep myself from getting bored from the stuff I've already done.

MTV: I can watch a couple of frames from your films and know it's a Michael Bay film. Is that something you take pride in? You obviously have detractors.

Bay: Oh yeah, there are tons of people that hate me and hate my movies. But hey, my movies have made a lot of money, two-something billion dollars. That's a lot of tickets. They said that I wrecked cinema. They said that I cut too fast and now you see it in movies everywhere. It's easy to bash a movie but until they know hard it is to actually make one ... Do I take pride in people knowing my style? I think it's nice people know a director has a style. And you can reinvent yourself too.

MTV: Will we see that with you?

Bay: Absolutely. I've got some smaller little movies, quirky movies, I want to do.

MTV: How about another "Bad Boys" installment?

Bay: I don't know. Will Smith's people called. They're fun to work with, those guys.

MTV: Was that a recent call?

Bay: I actually heard it through [Jerry] Bruckheimer.

MTV: And you'd be open to it?

Bay: Yeah, they're great fun