JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

crap you love on the radio

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E40 tell me when to go is great.. atleast you get some skillz on the mic with that :jazzy:

yeah 40 water is hot stuff. i actually think his not so famous work is a little better. im slowly getting into him. i like his "breaking news" album a lot. he's one of those guys that is able to make party music while incorporating some skills on the MIC

E-40 is definitely a legend in his own right. But he's changed his sound for the worse and his current singles are pretty bad. At least and old skool player like him is getting some success...even tho' his current singles don't compare 2 his real music. I didn't hear the album so hopefully that's better than stuff like "Tell Me When To Go."

E-40 is definitely a legend in his own right. But he's changed his sound for the worse and his current singles are pretty bad. At least and old skool player like him is getting some success...even tho' his current singles don't compare 2 his real music. I didn't hear the album so hopefully that's better than stuff like "Tell Me When To Go."

why would you call his current music "a change for the worst"? and what about "Tell Me When To Go" was not up to his usual standards?

I dont know if this got any radio play but Jay-Z's "Brooklyn High" (Jim Jones Diss) is so funny. Jay-Z rapping over the "We Fly High" beat is incredible he makes it so much more better.

amen. Jay's lyrics did that beat justice.

I think his stuff from the 90's waz really good. But the singles i heard on the radio in the past year...not so much.

i dunno i mean i think he's still rapping about the same type of stuff. in the 90's he was rappin about what was goin on in the 90's. and in the 00's he's just rappin about what its like today. sure some of his stuff has corny annoying nobody guest appearances but thats just who he is, he's always bringing new cats into the game - even the ones without skill sadly. i think he still uses clever rhymes and a pretty big vocab to back it up.

just dont come to the bay area and say that E40 is falling off.... dont wanna get jumped hahaha.

I like In Da Club...the beat is dope as hell!

Just a little bit by 50 is the track I hate to love.

Ying Yang Twins - Salt Shaker

Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

Lil Jon - Get low

This is why I'm hot...this is something that I find myself singing to myself much to my annoyance!

Back 2 E-40 for a minute..

The reason i say his stuff isn't what it used 2 be is cuz when u compare "Tell Me When To Go" to "Sprinkle Me"...there's just no comparison. From what i've heard, his lyrics and style are pretty much the same. But the production and the people he work with are just awful.

Back 2 E-40 for a minute..

The reason i say his stuff isn't what it used 2 be is cuz when u compare "Tell Me When To Go" to "Sprinkle Me"...there's just no comparison. From what i've heard, his lyrics and style are pretty much the same. But the production and the people he work with are just awful.

tell me when to go is a classic. he's representing the current (back then it was 2005) movement in the bay area and this song is probably the biggest song to come out of the hyphy movement and go wordwide. hate if you wanna, but that song may be the biggest song made during the hyphy movement.

I dont know if this got any radio play but Jay-Z's "Brooklyn High" (Jim Jones Diss) is so funny. Jay-Z rapping over the "We Fly High" beat is incredible he makes it so much more better.

amen. Jay's lyrics did that beat justice.

co-sign! hahah ..i been blasting that like crazy..

and yeah Wes, i just went to my 4th and final prom on sat night and all these radio songs sound great...everyone fronts on this board like they hate the crap on the radio but when your with your friends somewhere someplace, these talentless, garbage tracks are great. lol

Lil Jon - "Get Low" ..i love that song too