JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ain't No Place Like Home Appreciation

• Admin

I dont think I've heard another hip-hop track like this. It uses a country sample, but Dallas Austin somehow turns it into a hip-hop beat. The track has a brilliant use of a Slick Rick vocal sample, "I'm feeling sad." Fresh Prince comes with a really laid back rap, that just has an amazing reminiscent feel. What summertime is to summer, Ain't No Place Like Home is to family and home. The female vocals are so smooth and completely add to the feel. I love how they are layered over the track. Excellent production. Will's wordplay really shines here. "I'm trapped inside of me/lost in the memory/of how things used to be" What I love about Will is the emotion he puts in his raps. You can totally feel his verses by the way he sounds, his expression and how he executes the raps. Give it up for a JJFP classic. :adore:

Yep is a forgotten classic. Might have to stick this on.

What borught this to your mind Tim to write about this right now. I am intrigued.

• Admin

What borught this to your mind Tim to write about this right now. I am intrigued.

I was listening to it! :stupid:

I was listening to it! :stupid:

Lol, :thumbsup:

"Aint No Place Like Home" is definitly an underrated track. It's another hot spot on "Code Red" and FP definitly is down-to-earth with his raps and what he feels like and how he doesn't see his family much. I listen to this track usually around the holidays though (Thanksgiving-Christmas).

I dont think I've heard another hip-hop track like this. It uses a country sample, but Dallas Austin somehow turns it into a hip-hop beat. The track has a brilliant use of a Slick Rick vocal sample, "I'm feeling sad." Fresh Prince comes with a really laid back rap, that just has an amazing reminiscent feel. What summertime is to summer, Ain't No Place Like Home is to family and home. The female vocals are so smooth and completely add to the feel. I love how they are layered over the track. Excellent production. Will's wordplay really shines here. "I'm trapped inside of me/lost in the memory/of how things used to be" What I love about Will is the emotion he puts in his raps. You can totally feel his verses by the way he sounds, his expression and how he executes the raps. Give it up for a JJFP classic. :adore:

Preach it Tim! I love this track, it's up there as one of my favorites. For me, this one's all about the few days/weeks right before Christmas where you don't have to work or go to school and you can just hang out, looking forward to the up coming festivities.

I must say, while the theme 2 the song is universal...i usually only listen 2 it in the winter time. So i haven't listened 2 it in a hot minute. But i love the theme. I love the mature and honest theme. Most rappers think they are 2 hard 2 show any true emotion...which is just idiocy. The solid production, which at the time, waz far from a sound any emcee would try 2 flow over, is equally as impressive. Dope song, hands down.

Gotta love Ain't No Place Like Home. Very original theme and everything about it is dope. Just a track you can listen to all the time though, not just during the holidays (even if it really has a holiday feeling).

Preach it Tim! I love this track, it's up there as one of my favorites. For me, this one's all about the few days/weeks right before Christmas where you don't have to work or go to school and you can just hang out, looking forward to the up coming festivities.

I'll sign that.