JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

trotm sales poor?

• Members

nobody really knows the reason I do agree with the promotion and the illegal downloads problem, there's a lot of people who still don't know JJ, when i say JJ , they're like "who?" ,so i got to explain them "you know in FPOB,... you know he's one the best DJ's in the world look at this video , listen to this song..." and then they're like whoa it's great! personally i used to play JJ's songs in my radio show ? i can't tell about the radio (I don't listen to radio except my friends and clinton sparks's shows lol) but I think that the radios don't play JJ's song enough!A video would be a good idea too , promotion , promotion , I got te same problem with JJ 'last show who was cancelled because they sold only 3 places , I think that'll make a special TROTM in my future show... I got to think about it! :gettinjiggywitit:

Well yeah...I went to Circuit City the day after it hit the shelves, and they only had one or two in stock. It was hard to find too, I had to get help and he digged a little. It's not like they were featuring it on their new releases. I don't think they shipped enough to the stories, or at least that's my theory. Plus, people don't really buy cd's anymore.

You gotta stop with that people don't really buy CD's anymore talk. Its not true. Maybe some of the kiddie I-Generation do but for now that is a small percentage of sales.

Guest Guest_Someone_*

Kev.. That is not at all a small percentage of sales. Its a fact that the sales of cds has declined with about 70% since the beginning of the millennium and despite what I believe that you think, it is not the cause of worse music. People like bad music. People bought bad music when Vanilla Ice came, why wouldnt they now?

When did this become about me saying anything about people buying bad music, and please tell me where you get your facts of 70% down in sales cos i find that incredibly hard to believe.

Guest Guest_Someone_*

Okey... 70% was too much. Thats some Scandinavian numbers. In USA they are only 25% down since 2000, and perhaps 30-35% from the mid-nineties. Still, its a big percentage, especially if you consider that the population is increasing.

The album hasn't been out long...there's plenty of time for it 2 do more...or not do more. Just depends on what Jeff wants 2 do with it. I waz in a record store 2nite and did my part by making sure TROTM and L+F were in front of the CD's on the shelf...ha ha.

Well the fact that sales aren't looking that good but Jeff was number one on itunes Hip Hop downloads shows that.

I guess its a cultural thing. Most people i know still love to go out and buy CD's as much as they used to.

Albums like his are the kinda that steadily sell for a year or 2. Not thousands at 1st and then no more after the 1st month or 2. Since it's not a big mainstream release, people will find out about the album months later and pick it up when they find out about it. Lots of people who see Jazzy's shows will probably pick it up after the set. I don't think it's fair 2 hold it 2 the standards of L+F cuz they are 2 totally different kind of releases.