JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

KRS-ONE/MARLEY MARL/50 CENT - RAP CITY

Wow...50 actually seems like a nice guy!

Well I mean it's KRS and Marley.....like he'd really be pushing his luck if came at them any other way than thanking them. Plus, like you could take any punk kid, and have him sit on a couch with his idol, and he'd shut up enough because he would be star struck.

I think it was interesting when KRS mentioned Nas, because 50 just seemed to observe the direction in which KRS took the statement....Also, when they played Hip-Hop Lives, you saw 50 out of his element because he's listening to the music that isn't all Timbaland, Dre-style...it's real raw and he kinda was just quiet and not sure where to go...if it was Ballin, or another song he likes that's all high-production he'd be like all into it...

I think he's one interesting interview but that's about it...

50 Cent has been impressing me of late. I never really knew how well-spoken he is, and he does do charity work and I like that he promotes things like Vitamin Water rather than liquor. There was a clip where he was at a press conference and really defending Hip Hop well, even making light of the concerned questions that were thrown at him by the press. He had 'em laughing too. Now's to be seen if he will ever impress me musically as well...

When u are so fake in your music, u surprise people. I didn't watch the video cuz my computer would blow up. But i can imagin 50 Cent giving them props which would make me think "why is your music so bad and so stupid ...yet u give props 2 intellegent legends who were actually real in their music." I can imagin KRS-One being a team player like FP, who shows him respect even tho' crappy artists like him are torn apart in his music.

When u are so fake in your music, u surprise people. I didn't watch the video cuz my computer would blow up. But i can imagin 50 Cent giving them props which would make me think "why is your music so bad and so stupid ...yet u give props 2 intellegent legends who were actually real in their music." I can imagin KRS-One being a team player like FP, who shows him respect even tho' crappy artists like him are torn apart in his music.

AJ, you nailed it on the head...I mean 50 was like "it's an honor to be sitting with you" and KRS responded praising 50 saying the honor was really his...then KRS furthered it by saying that 50 is an "MC" not just a rapper...and people don't like it because he's competitive.

ugh.