JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

the sun: new jjfp album coming

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sun isn't a reliable source, and I would highly doubt that JJFP will make a new album anytime soon.

Here's the article:

November date for Jazzy & Will

By BECI WOOD

May 25, 2007

IT'S the news we've all been waiting for.

After pleas from fans around the world, The Sun can confirm that DJ JAZZY JEFF and THE FRESH PRINCE will make a comeback in November.

Last year sources told Bizarre that Jazzy and best pal WILL SMITH were discussing a possible reunion.

But now, in his own words, Jazzy says the pair will dust off their bling to make a new album in November.

In an exclusive interview, he said: "We've been asked so many times by fans but now Will really wants to do it.

"We talk about it all the time but recently he came up to me and said he was very serious about it and wants to do something very soon.

"It's just a case of finding the time. We're both so busy. You know, I'm on tour and he's making movies this summer.

"He's the biggest superstar in the world now. We're aiming for November."

The twosome first hit the scene in 1985 with Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble and since then have gone on to sell over 10 million records worldwide with hits such as Boom! Shake The Room.

The dynamic duo have also won three Grammy Awards, three American Music Awards, two NAACP Awards, two Soul Train Music Awards, as well as an MTV Music Award.

While DJ Jazzy turned to a solo career and producing - his new album Jazzy The Return Of The Magnificent is out in shops now - Will has gone on to movie superstardom, picking up an Oscar nomination for recent hit The Pursuit Of Happyness.

But while Jazzy appreciates Will's amazing talent, he says he's not some keen on some of his flicks.

"I don't like his slushy films - and I tell him that," he quipped.

"I do prefer his bad movies. I knew from the beginning he'd grown into this massive star."

Jazzy added that Will returns the support by going to his gigs.

"Obviously he's very busy but if he has the time Will will come to a concert. He says he enjoys my stuff.

"I enjoy my music now more than I did ten years ago.

"My new album is turning out to be the best record I have ever done.

"I've hooked up with artists such as METHOD MAN (Wu Tang Clan), RHYMEFEST (Kanye West’s prodigy), BIG DADDY KANE, CL SMOOTH, RAHEEM DeVAUGHN, POS OF DE LA SOUL and JEAN GRAE."

But, being on the wrong side of 40 I wondered if his desire and commitment to the music industry is beginnning to wane?

"Not at all," he said.

"I don't think I'll ever tire of touring. I was recently in the UK and had a great time.

"There are so many different music lovers. I'm also hoping to do some festivals this summer too."

He added: "I love the hip hop scene. Dizzie Rascal is great. I also think Ti and Roots Manoeuvre are fantastic.

"If the United States wasn't as fickle as it is a lot of those acts would do well over there. It's a shame."

Jazzy’s new album The Return Of The Magnificent is out now.

I doubt this is real tho! :sipread:

Man they don't even read back what they wrote. They say at the top JJFP WILL return in November only for the quote from Jeff to say we are trying for November.

• Admin