JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Greg Oden doesn't download, he goes out and BUYS the records!

As reported by Page 2 columnist LZ Granderson on ESPN.com at http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...anderson/070520 :

I thought Greg Oden was pulling my leg.

Sure, "Switch" was hot for a minute but who actually knows every song by Will Smith? Least of all the guy who is supposed to be the NBA's next great big man? But Oden didn't blink when I asked him to give me a couple of bars of "Summertime," a classic, but Oden was what, 2 years old when it came out?

"Here it is, the groove slightly transformed

Just a bit of a break from the norm ..."

"I don't want to go no further, you know, make him mad, copyright his stuff ..." Oden says with a smile.

His admiration of Smith doesn't end there. Not only does Oden own every CD but he also has all of Will Smith's movies and has seen every episode of "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air."

I saw this the other day and figured it needed to show up here, eventually.

Oden seems like a pretty chill guy. :thumbsup:

Which makes me all the more depressed my Celtics aren't gonna have him. :shakehead: Ah well lol.

As reported by Page 2 columnist LZ Granderson on ESPN.com at http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...anderson/070520 :

I thought Greg Oden was pulling my leg.

Sure, "Switch" was hot for a minute but who actually knows every song by Will Smith? Least of all the guy who is supposed to be the NBA's next great big man? But Oden didn't blink when I asked him to give me a couple of bars of "Summertime," a classic, but Oden was what, 2 years old when it came out?

"Here it is, the groove slightly transformed

Just a bit of a break from the norm ..."

"I don't want to go no further, you know, make him mad, copyright his stuff ..." Oden says with a smile.

His admiration of Smith doesn't end there. Not only does Oden own every CD but he also has all of Will Smith's movies and has seen every episode of "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air."

I saw this the other day and figured it needed to show up here, eventually.

Oden seems like a pretty chill guy. :thumbsup:

Which makes me all the more depressed my Celtics aren't gonna have him. :shakehead: Ah well lol.

Yeah, I can't believe we dropped all the way to 5. Oden is a great guy though. Humble, forthcoming... I already liked him a lot. This just makes me like him that much more.

That's cool. Maybe he needs 2 sign up 2 the board!!

i was thinking the same thing, since he eems to be a real fan like us..at least he got more stuff than me, lol

Hey scyhigh, it's been awhile man, I read that on espn.com recently too, that's dope

Awesome.. good to see you are still alive Dave haha :1-say-yes:

Hey scyhigh, it's been awhile man, I read that on espn.com recently too, that's dope

Yeah, I know. I've been gone for like... almost 2 years, save for a few random postings once or twice. :thumbdown: I used to check the board like... every 5 seconds for a while there? And then when I got to college and got real busy, I couldn't do that any more, so I guess I just left altogether? Kinda stupid lol.

• Admin

Awesome.. good to see you are still alive Dave haha :1-say-yes:

Yeah, I know. I've been gone for like... almost 2 years, save for a few random postings once or twice. :thumbdown: I used to check the board like... every 5 seconds for a while there? And then when I got to college and got real busy, I couldn't do that any more, so I guess I just left altogether? Kinda stupid lol.

You were here in spirit.. everytime someone used a smilie :leaving: we thought of you.. :muahaha:

AS a Blazer fan....I just wanted to say I'm extremely happy right now :)

As a Sonics fan I'm really happy too! :clap2:

-----------------------------------------------------

Glad to hear he's a fan! :thumbsup: