JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Has there EVER been a better time for Will to release a new CD?

Bob

1.) SO there's a resurgence in "HIP HOP" and I stress "HIP HOP" over rap in the past...anything from Hip Hop is Dead, to Hip Hop Lives, to Kingdom Come...To TROTM...To True Magic...

I mean everyone is on board against the "gangsta rap."...It's like the cool thing now to diss gangsta rap and try and be different.

2.) Everyone and I mean everyone and their mom in Hip Hop is professing how Hip Hop has to show a positive image and should change its ways. The "Cool Thing" is to be cleaner...(stress the -er lol) more socially aware....

3.) Rappers are finally giving Will respect...Redman?!? a couple months ago said he looks up to Will...Peedi Peedi (even if you don't like him) did a lot in showing respect for Will in BNF2k7....

4.) Will is the most powerful name in showbusiness. Period. Top Grossing Actor. He is a household name MORE THAN EVER.

5.) He's had enough time since his last album (2 years is a good interval).

6.) Every summer people get a refresher from "Summertime" lol (I HAD to put that in...)

7.) Will has never had to change in his message, and he was saying what Nas said in "Hip Hop is Dead" 2 years earlier with "Wish I woulda" and "Lost & Found"

Will HAS to be sitting back and laughing...I mean it's like a street corner preacher who says the SAME thing every day and people walk by him just mocking him...and now EXACTLY the movement he PLEADED for is happening....or at least its the "in" thing to do...which even if you think guys like Master P are just trying to capitalize on....You have an HONEST leader in Will...all he has to do is turn on the mic. And that's it. He can finally make the changes he wanted for years now that people are on board. We just need someone who is 100% sincere...and when hasn't Will been so about Hip Hop?

• Admin

I dont think theres a better time for a new JJFP album.. since hip-hop is dead that has set the scene for the old skool legends to come back and show it was alive.. when krs 1 and marley marl do hip hop lives... jjfp should come str8 off that and do an album..

I don't think there's ever been a bad time for a new WS or JJ+FP album. I think certain times call 4 it more than others...since Jazzy just dropped The Return... i'd love an FP solo album with a JJ+FP album officially in the works.

L+F did good things for FP's music career. So if it gets in the lab sometime soon, i think the album would be welcomed by music fans. The state of Hip-Hop and Commerical Rap is incredibly interesting at the time. Sure, alot of crappy music is still on the radio, but it just feels like something crazy is gonna happen sometime soon.

• Members

I dont think theres a better time for a new JJFP album.. since hip-hop is dead that has set the scene for the old skool legends to come back and show it was alive.. when krs 1 and marley marl do hip hop lives... jjfp should come str8 off that and do an album..

Hero1,

Hip hop lives came out on May 22 here in the US. I have heard clips and it sounds real good. I am gonna buy it pretty soon.