JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Master P to reach out to Will Smith

If you want to read the whole essay Master P wrote here's the link:

http://www.allhiphop.com/editorial/?ID=371

But here's the quote:

..."I’m reaching out to my friends Shaquille O’Neal, Will Smith, Russell Simmons, Queen Latifah, Derek Anderson, Charles Barkley, Emmitt Smith, Beyonce, and Reverend Run to help contribute to this positive movement. I will also be holding a press conference with the president NAACP and will be able to answer any questions at that time."...

maybe this could be a motivational push for FP to get on the mic again. Nobody was more positive in Rap history than JJ+FP. This could also help not only FP but Queen Latifah and get her back on the mic and put the rap court in session. I hope this actually happens - this whole movement and not just an idea for one day and then it dies.

This is the most respectable, mature, and articulate thing Master P has ever done. His music is awful, but i respect what he's doing here. I think it's kinda strange that someone like Master P is "reaching" out to FP, Latifah, and Run since he doesn't make music like them. Great idea tho' and hopefully it's one of the steps taken that changes the game. And hopefully it serves as inspiration to get the 3 of them in the studio with new albums.

Very Nice... I would love to see this happen too... There's something about Master P that seem to have changed to me.

A coupla weeks ago (at the end of me having walking pneumonia) I saw Master P., his wife & a friend in Burbank. I was in in Linens & Things shopping, and they were too. His wife was real 'loud' as if she was trying to solicit attention, or even for me to act 'excited' ... but I was sick, thinking 'girl please!" ...I just don't go out like that. (this may just have been my opinion tho) She did give me her opinion on the items I was buying tho! lol Master P. seemed to be pretty layd back, and dont have that "Imma celebrity dammit! ego". I told my son, look theres Master P. He was like, "Mom who's master P?" ...and kept following me around the store getting louder, MOM WHO"S MASTER P? I popped him real quick and said,... BOY!!! he left the store now be quiet because thats disrespectful. LOL anyways...

He was very chilled, tho I never got into his muzik,... I'd like to see him fuel this kind of positivity back into the game. AJ.. people do change as they get older, so hopefully he may be feeling that its tyme to do his part in cleaning up for younger kids out there...

xo,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

Master P has been a smart buisinessman and this is a good opportunity here for him to put his power to good use, it'll be interesting to see what happens

I told my son, look theres Master P. He was like, "Mom who's master P?"

U have raised your kids well...ha ha. Yeah, i don't doubt Master P growing up. Even if i don't appriciate an artist's musics, i totally respect ideas like this....providing it truely is coming from their heart and not a PR move. Seems like every one is calling 4 a change which is great, even tho' we could have used it 10 years ago.

Guest Guest_jin_*

Master P made just trash music in the past, it's great that he wants to switch to positive hip hop... Furthermore he is one of the greatest business man in hip hop! The interesting thing is since hip hop has been under attack it seems to have positive consequences for Will...A few months ago on allhiphop.com they paid respect to non-cursing rappers aka "The Will Smith Thread"...Furthermore when critiques like Oprah Winfrey, Bill Cosby, Rev. Al Sharpton and "the don imus" affect, people mention rappers like Will, Mos Def and Common! It's really weird what's going on nowadays in hip hop, in the past they called him soft and don't take him serious as an artist and suddenly when this gangsta/mainstream trash music era is over because they don't sell much ike in the past!!!!

There are four things that differentiate me from artists like Curtis Jackson.

One, I can honestly admit that I was once part of the problem.

Two, I don’t want my son to grow up and be like me. I want him to be better and do better - and that is why he is taking the time to pursue a college degree.

Three, money don’t make me, I make money. My goal is to educate our people in building generational wealth and knowing how important it is to own real estate.

Four, I’m a TRUE entrepreneur; my boss is God not Jimmy Iovine. From one brother to another, if you misunderstand my purpose you could always pick up the phone or talk to me in person. I’m trying to be part of the solution not the problem. The media thrives on entertaining, especially the negativity no matter what the cost. I’m praying for the brothers that are lost out there.

Read the whole thing ya'll...

Yeah Master P has admitted that he made trash music in the past, he wants to make a change for the better now

haha. One of his children must have been affected, or he may have even heard my son ask me WHO IS MASTER P? LOL funny thing. All this tyme, folk BEEN talkin trash abt Will and his style of musik, and now that they're getting older, now they realize that Will has been ahead of the game the whole tyme...

still leading the pack.. THATS where perserverence pays off. GOOD job Will. haha

xo,

cookie

Interesting, i really hope Will gets involved...

Did I miss something here? I don't see anything for Will to get involved in.

This whole thing seems like a blatant attempt at self promotion and even worse, it seems hypocritical. "Three, money don’t make me, I make money" This is a huge part of the problem with modern rap, everything is about making money. It seems the entire culture has degenerated into a single mindedness over wealth. Now of course there's nothing wrong with wanting to make money, though personally I would like to see diversity in the genera. But to scream out "It's time for change!" and then talk about how "I’m a TRUE entrepreneur" is just... silly. But he made sure to get a plug in there for his new movies, his book, his book tour, his business class, a new single, and I'm guessing his label. Perhaps he needs to realize that he's still a part of the problem with this self serving, money, money, money, ineffective rant.

Oh, and as for "reaching out to" Will Smith to "help contribute to this positive movement." Um, there's no need to ask for his help, he's been doing it for decades. That would be like asking the Pope if he would start believing in God. I don't think it's really that necessary.

LOL.. Schnazz, i gotta admit you have a VERY good point of view, and I didnt think of it that way... He may be in it for the publicity, or what have you... what has he been doing lately? just wandering if anyone knows, because, as I mentioned b4,.. im not a fan of Master P's muzik.

xo,

cookie