JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" question

• Members

I was wondering if the explicit version of the song is on the CD single? Or somwehere else? I bought the so so def remix on iTunes and I know that it is clean. I was wondering where can the explicit version can be found?

Also, there was an "Alternative" version. Where can I find it?

• Members

Well, dunno which one is which (I don't recognize the rappers that appear). But it is censored, since some lines are silenced when they cussed or said something explicit. Which version is the one that is being sold on the "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" Triple Play on the iTunes Music Store?

With all u guys who are on iTunes, u didn't notice they put that remix up!??!?!? That's crazy!! esanchez, i thought u were talking about the So So Def Remix available on import versions of the single...which is just FP's regular raps over a slicker more So So Def kinda beat with one of the girls from Xscape on the hook. The remix featuring Jermaine Durpi, Cam'ron, R.O.C., and Big Pun waz never commercially released or even on promos. It popped up on a Kayslay mixtape back in '97 and that's it...meaning a white lable of it had 2 be leaking around. Over the years none of us could ever find it. So if it has popped up on iTunes, this is a real gem. That remix is excellent. But i highly doubt a mastered version with edited lyrics ever left the studio.

Actually, I just listened to the sample on Itunes, and it sounded a lot clearer and a better quality than the mixtape version floating around. I don't have an Itunes account though, so I couldn't buy it...

• Members

Never knew. But I remember in a past post that it says that there was 2 So So Def remixes of the song. One with the mentioned artists right now but another one with other artists appearing. Only like 2 people appear on both (Jermain Dupri & R.O.C.)

The only released So So Def Remix of "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" i mentioned above. Just a nice mainstream slick Hip-Hop beat. FP is the only person rhyming on it and one of the girls from Xscape sings on the hook (LaTocha i think). Pete Gunz + Lord Tariq are credited with ad libs, but they were taken out, as u can't hear them on the song at all.

The other is the grittier remix u just found, feauring a new verse from FP along with the appearnces from Cam'ron, Big Pun, R.O.C. and Jermaine Dupri. Those are the only So So Def Remixes.