JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

first show on friday

Mike

i will be performing for the first time this friday. its like a battle of the bands but a member of my band isnt gonna be able to make it. i really wanted to perform so i was like carpe diem, its time for concept to finally get on stage. so im going to perform. i dont expect to win, but thats good, im doing this solely for love.

its gonna me and the drummer of my band and i will be doing abround 3 songs from Neutral Ground.

i hope to have it taped and piuctures, which i will share if i get them.

wish me luck

thanks alot guys, i had like a reheseral at his house today and just went over hand signals i would do for him to like drop the beat or whatever. it was alot of fun since hes my best friend and we can just mess around, its gonna be just me and him on stage too so it will be pretty relaxed.

i wanna live up to calling myself an MC so im thinking of ways to work the crowd and stuff. but dont give me advice till after i have a video!

thanks for the luck you guys~

Edited by Concept

hey, it was tonight and it worked out good. i was gonna have the crowd help out with the chorus but i didnt do tht cause i felt like there was not enough people that would do it. crowd size was about 30 people. not very big. but it was well recieved, alot of people told me that it was really good and better than they expected. two people told me i sounded like snoop dogg, so i guess i can add that to my "sounds like" colum on myspace. in terms of MCness all i really did was start a clap. it was real fun. we jjust messed around, my friend on the drums (we planned this) would speed up the tempo and then slow it down and i would have to rap really fast and whatnot, it was really a fun time. so people took pictures and video, but not on my cameras so ill have to see if i can get it. i did precipitaion and where i stand but they sounded clompletly differnt. cause my ther friend who amazing at piano (gscotty on the forum) just messed around with us too. and at one point played the mario theme. so it was all good. ill try to get up some picturs or video if i can get a hold on them

• 2 weeks later...

well it already happened haha

but i do rock and hip hop- i have done many rock shows but that past friday was the frist hip hop one i did and it went well, i got a lot of compliments and i felt very natural

believe it or not i am still waiting on those pictures and video!

well it already happened haha

but i do rock and hip hop- i have done many rock shows but that past friday was the frist hip hop one i did and it went well, i got a lot of compliments and i felt very natural

believe it or not i am still waiting on those pictures and video!

i was just wonderin where were those pics & vid, hehe