JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Marriage Profile

Just some little things on Will and Jada that you all probably already know.

LINK TO ARTICAL: http://marriage.about.com/od/entertainmen1/p/willsmith.htm

Related: Marriages of 2007 Oscar Nominees

Here's information about the marriage relationship of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett, including facts about how they met, their wedding, children, and their secrets to having a successful marriage.

In February 1997, Ebony reported that "... when their careers keep them apart, they talk on the phone as many as five times a day."

Birthdates:

Willard Christopher Smith Jr: September 25, 1968 in the Wynnefield area of West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Jada Koren Pinkett: September 18, 1971 in Baltimore, Maryland.

How Will and Jada Met:

Will and Jada first met in 1995 when she auditioned for the role of Smith's girlfriend on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" show. She was turned down because she was considered to be too short for the part.

Will has said that Jada didn't think he was funny when they first met. "We were together for two years before she even laughed at something I said! She thinks I'm hilarious now, it just took her some time to work into it, but we connected intellectually ... We connected intellectually and worked into the comedic side."

Source: Allheadlinenews.com

Will proposed to Jada in November, 1997.

Wedding Date: December 31, 1997.

Their secret New Year's Eve wedding was held in Baltimore at the Cloisters Mansion.

For her wedding, Jada wore a champagne-colored silk and velvet gown by Badgley Mischka. TRÂ-KNOX reportedly sang at the wedding.

Will was 29 years old and Jada was 26 years old when they married.

Will and Jada have said they would like to renew their vows on their tenth anniversary.

Previous Marriages:

Will had one previous marriage.

Sheree Elizabeth Zampino: Sheree was born on November 16, 1967 in New York. They met in 1991 at a taping of the "A Different World" show. Sheree and Will were married on May 9, 1992. Will was 24 years old and Sheree was 25 years old. They divorced in December, 1995.

Children:

Will Smith has three children.

Willard Christopher "Trey" Smith III: Born in 1992. His mother is Sheree Zampino.

Jaden Christopher Syre Smith: Born on July 8, 1998. His mother is Jada Pinkett. Jaden starred in the movie The Pursuit of Happyness with his father.

Willow Camille Reign Smith: Born on October 31, 2000. Her mother is Jada Pinkett.

Education:

Will attended Overbrook High School in Winfield. Smith turned down a scholarship to M.I.T. to pursue his acting and singing career.

Jada majored in Dance and Choreography at the Baltimore School for the Arts, and in Theater at the North Carolina School for the Arts.

Occupations and Interests:

Will: Will is an actor, singer, and owns, with his brother Harry Smith, Treyball Development Inc.

Will enjoys playing chess.

Jada: Jada is an actress, singer, clothing designer, video director, and the lead singer/lyicist of the band Wicked Wisdom. She was Miss Maryland 1988.

Together, they established the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation to fund charitable organizations in Baltimore, Philadelphia, and other cities. The focus of the foundation is on youth educational projects and urban, inner-city, family welfare.

Residence:

Will and Jada live on a 100-acre ranch in the mountains near Malibu, California. They share it will four rottweilers.

They have talked in the past about having a home in South Africa.

Quotes on Love and Marriage:

Will on the key to domestic bliss: "Really, really good sex. I'm really good at it. (Also) we talk a lot. Sometimes people hear us talking and think we over-talk situations but communication is everything."

Source:

Jada: "I will throw my career away before I let it break up our marriage. I made it clear to Will. I'd throw it away completely."

Source: USA Weekend

Will about Jada: "With Jada I stood up in front of God and my family and said, 'till death us do part'. Divorce cannot be an option ... I honestly believe there is no woman for me but Jada. No-one can handle me the way she does ... Once you feel someone locked in on you, it's no contest. This is it. I can't imagine what anyone else would offer."

Source: East London Advertiser

Will: "Families are like a business. The key is one person having a vision of what it needs to be and being able to pull everyone together. That's Jada for sure."

Source: USA Weekend

Will about Jada "She's someone I can talk to about anything."

Source: Ebony, February 1997, page 57.

Jada about Will: "When we met, I never thought in a million years that Will Smith and I would be together."

Source: Ebony, February 1997, page 57.

Will on open marriage: Although Will Smith has said he would never cheat on his wife without first asking permission, he has been quoted as saying, "In our marriage vows, we didn't say 'forsaking all others.' The vow that we made was that you will never hear that I did something after the fact...If it came down to it, then one spouse can say to the other, 'Look, I need to have sex with somebody. I'm not going to if you don't approve of it - but please approve of it.'"

Source: Female First

Ok so he proposed November 97, married in December 97 and Jaden was born July 98, bit of a shotgun wedding there lol.

thanx.

well not as shotgun as the first one, he married Sheree in May of 92 and Trey was born in Nov. 92... lol