JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BUSTA RHYMES CHARGED WITH DRUNK DRIVING

1st Eve, now Busta. Is anyone else just about done with Busta? I love his music. I have since L.O.N.S. But in the past year or so...he's annoyed the crap outta me. At this point Britney Spears could give him better advice on life and career.

Busta Rhymes Arrested for Drunk Driving

AP

NEW YORK (May 3) -- Busta Rhymes was arrested on a drunken driving charge early Thursday, police said, marking the latest in a series of recent legal troubles for the rapper.

Officers stopped Rhymes at about 12:40 a.m. because the sport utility vehicle he was driving had overly tinted windows, Sgt. Mike Wysokowski said. He said officers then smelled alcohol on the rapper's breath.

Rhymes, 34, was taken into custody on a charge of driving while impaired, Wysokowski said. An arraignment was expected later Thursday.

A lawyer for Rhymes, Scott Leemon, declined to comment saying he would address the charges in court.

A telephone message left early Thursday at the New York office of Rhymes' manager, Violator Management, was not immediately returned.

Rhymes, whose real name is Trevor Smith, has had several law enforcement run-ins since last year. He is tentatively scheduled to go to trial Tuesday on two assault charges.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

it looks like drink&drive is very popular among celebrities in america lately...