JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Did anyone see that Dream Team disaster?

bigted

After seeing that disasterous loss last night by the US basketaball team to Puerto Rico, I was thinkin' "When is the US team gonna call up Jordan, Ewing, and Barkley out of retirement to stop this disaster?" :dunno: I think even if Larry Bird was limping up and down the court, he would hit more shots than Richard Jefferson did. :roll: It was such an embarassment! :eek4:

Plain and simple. Basketball sucks now. The Pride of the Sport is gone. All these athletes still the spotlight by doing anything but basketball.

1st talent & work, then promotion of products.

Another thing, I was really sick and tired of the Lakers. Because, even after Detroit won 4-1 (strictly playin' D), everyone still talked about the Lakers. That'z all it was all season. Even the Draft sucks. What'z everyone gonna talk about now? ShaQ, Kobe, and that'z it. There R plenty of other talented athletes in the NBA; That don't get the recognition they should or they even use 2. (and some of their game has stepped up)

it's about time some1 would teach the dream team a lesson... i'm getting mad everytime big players says they don't want to be in the olympic team, they are to big to be in there national team!?!? now days everybody is doing a favor if he's coming to the USA team. where are the times when jordan, magic, bird, drexler, barkley and more where proud to play for their country??
i think it's good they lost...

[quote=sonic1988,Aug 16 2004, 10:07 PM]the problem was that no one passed it to marbury he is mad good and they did nothing with him he only tried about 1 3-pointer and missed[/quote]
:werd: People are crying, "Oh, why didn't J. Kidd go instead of Marbury?" but I think that they would've still lost even if that was the case. I think Marbury is a better player than people think he is(he could win MVP if he had the right teammates) and if he does get more shots, they could win, but it's also not about that though either 'cause he is a point guard, he should bring the ball up the court, and the big guys box out the lane so Marbury could pass it to the open guy or take a shot if it's there, but they didn't play very organized! :nhawong: The reason why I bring up Richard Jefferson is 'cause he signed a $78 Million contract before the game and he can't hit a shot? Lebron James is making over $100 million in endorsements and he isn't steppin' up either! You hear on ESPN they're sayin' "these guys can't hit a shot" but you have to wonder why they're paid all this money then! :bang: They're not playing wit much pride, they're worried about $$$$ so I think that it would've been better if we brought a streetball team instead 'cause at least they would show heart.

Its probably all about the money for some of them, and since the olympics is a non-paying event then maybe they ain't that bothered. Where's the pride?

[quote=mfuqua23,Aug 17 2004, 11:25 AM]Wit that said bigted. Streetball may in fact become Statewide. And they'll have street teams.

The SBL?

Street Basketball League???[/quote]
I love that idea! :bowdown: If y'all are fiending for some real good basketball check out the And1 mixtape, I think they sell it on DVDs, but they show it sometimes on ESPN now, and check out the MTV2 show that they have on Sundays about streetball that's hosted by Fat Joe. These players go all out and they don't even get paid much! :werd: People pay attention to stats too much but real fans know talent is more than just about scoring average. They should make games cheaper so everyone could see it, there's no reason why athletes should get paid so much, $100 million dollars is ridiculous! Edited by bigted

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been able to watch much of <a href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl.asp?k=the%20olympics" onmouseover="window.status='the Olympics'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">the Olympics</a> but I hear that they're playing much better now, Stephon Marbury scored an Olympic record 31 points in yesterday's win over Greece, I read the article on ESPN.com check it out:[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer04/basketball/news/story?id=1868139"]Marbury 31 Leads Team USA into semis[/url] I'm glad that he's proving himself as a great player, he's gonna make the Knicks a much better team this year, they would've won at least 10 more games if he started the year with them last year, but he wasn't traded there until the All-Star break. Edited by bigted

Well damn I spoke too soon just when they looked better they lose today to Argentina 89-82, oh well gotta give credit where credit's due, there's some talented players overseas and more of them will probably be in the NBA more than ever now that the US team lost in the semifinals, the best they could win now is Bronze! :speechless:

:werd: The only way the best players are gonna go to the Olympics is if they get paid less money, I'm a big fan of the NBA but I think fans should go on strike until the talent meets up to the standards of their sky high ticket that they pay to go see when most of these players don't play with 100% effort anymore! :bang: I think that the women have been playing with more heart than the men are right now and they're underpaid! :nhawong: Edited by bigted