JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Plans Rap Comeback....

Will Smith Plans Rap Comeback

apologies if this has already been posted! xx

SMITH PLANS RAP COMEBACK

Hollywood superstar WILL SMITH is reuniting with his old hip-hop partner JAZZY JEFF for a world tour. The pair found fame in the 1980s and 1990s with hit records including Parents Just Don't Understand and Summertime, and won the first ever Grammy in the Rap category in 1989. Now Smith has vowed to put his hugely successful movie career on hold to revisit the project - both in the studio and on stage. He says, "We always talk about doing a JJFP (Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince) record and a huge tour, we just have to clear the time to do it. Right now, the plan is we are supposed to go out on tour together at the end of this year."

Thanks for the link but my plan is to not get excited until I have a ticket to a show in my hand! :gettinjiggywitit:

Hmm, this happens too much. But i can't help but wish everytime i read something like this. I just can't see it happening this year with all the films he has lined up. Then again 2-3 months off wouldn't kill him. He pretty much runs his own schedule now and things can wait if he makes them. We'll see.

Well the good news is that Will obviously still wants to make another album, which is awesome after the whole ''May be in the past'' thing

Here's some more articles

http://www.pr-inside.com/rss/smith-plans-r...back-r93667.htm

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_headli...-name_page.html

Edited by analogue

I hate to be the pessimist but I don't see this happening any time soon! Will has just been declared the most powerful actor in Hollywood. I don't see him taking a break from it to do a tour and album! On the other hand....I really wish this is true!

I really wish this was true, and I'll believe it when I see it. Two reasons:

1. I think some of these music news sites steal information from here. Lets put the latest JJ interview Tim posted a few hours ago inwhich he discussed the possible tour. Now take this latest news these sites. Put two together. I'm pretty sure that contactmusic read the interview posted here and jumped the gun. Plus, once a music site has some brand new news, others tend to take it, paraphrase it but basically say the same thing.

2. As much as I'd love to believe this, I dont. Flashback 2 years ago right now, L+F just dropped and FP said "I'm taking 8 months or so off to focus on music, ive got some things i need to say and to be heard and thats all y'all need to know" BET 106N Park Monday March 28, 2005. Right Will...sure. Aint happening anytime soon in my view. Hate to bring the negativity here cause ID LOVE IT TO HAPPEN but i just dont see it happening.

I hate to be the pessimist but I don't see this happening any time soon! Will has just been declared the most powerful actor in Hollywood. I don't see him taking a break from it to do a tour and album! On the other hand....I really wish this is true!

Hmm, saying that though, that gives him the power to do what he wants for a while now and he could go a few months without worrying about films and do what he wants to do. Only to come back and still be as big as ever