JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fashion

analogue

Why is it that some people feel the need to just dress the same as everyone else? I mean you have a group of people with the same hairstyle, same type of clothes etc and i keep thinking to myself why? I mean can't some people think for themselves? It's just one of my pet peeves that some people are nothing but sheep who need to follow everyone else

and when you ask one of these people why the answer you usually get is something along the lines of ''Oh it the fashion and everyone else is doing it''..............right so if everyone else jumped off a cliff would you do that to?

Sorry about all that but i just needed to vent for a bit

Edited by analogue

Ha ha...i think people who what everyone else does is pathetic. So many people these days are puppet who walk, talk, and act how everyone else does. Part of them just go with the flow and lack their own identity...and the other half our weak individuals who just do what everyone else does 2 be accepted.

My voice on this topic is kinda irrelevant tho' since the majority of my past is based on being outta fashion. When i waz younger my influence waz actually from the brigher early 90's style of my favorite group JJ+FP and TLC. That meant alot of bright colors and goofyness. I still have 2 bust that style out from time 2 time, but as someone in their mid-20's, i've mellowed out a lil' bit. The colors are not as bright and the XXXL's are now usually XL's...ha ha.

One thing that personally has always bugged me are people who base their entire wardrobe off of name brands. There's just these people who think they get some validation by wearing a popular name brand. I will say i like FUBU's style and quality and alot of Adidas' style...but that's about it.

analogue, your topics are starting 2 get a bit random...but i'll play along 4 now :wiggle:

Staten Island is truly cookie cutter country for crap like that. All SI females dress the same I.A.P. (Italian-American Princess) type of way. Orange tan (this winter freaked the hell out of me at times) and stuff like that.

My fashion, similar to AJ's has gone down from XXXL to XL, thanks to my ex, lol. But maybe this summer I'm gonna do a BWS fashion, with a white T and an open button down and jeans. I'm kinda feeling that for this summer.

But people who follow the trends, I'm not cool with them. Thankfully my friends aren't like that.

A trend that has been bugging me lately is the white kids with shoulder-length hair now (the Andrew Bogut style I call it). Since when did it become cool to grow your hair out like a girl? I don't care if a few random people have it, but when damn near everybody has it, something's wacky. I also don't care for the trend of drinking, but it's so common in our society no matter how much it is on some "friend jumps off a cliff you do too" s##t.

Well if you happen to like the sort of trends that are going around at a certain time then i have no problem with people wearing those types of clothes cause they honestly like them. I just hate it when people just follow other people for the sake of it just so they can fit in with ''the in'' crowd

And AJ yeah my topics are getting random lol. But i guess it makes it more interesting, would be pretty boring if i just made things about the same topics over and over again lol

I have a similar style to Jude Law in the movie "Alfie" and i guess you can call that a trend or the current fashion. But i do it 'cuz i like it and no matter when it goes out of fashion ill wear those clothes for as long as i want to myself. i might change my style tomorrow, in 3 years or never, but Ill do it when i feel for it and not when someone tells me to. When this fashion became a trend i was still stuck in the mid 90s and the FP style, and i kept it that way until like 4 years ago. then i felt that style had played its role in my life and i wanted to switch. altou FP still comes around in the summertime when its time to get jiggy wit it and feel a little nostalgic :)

I dont really care if you follow the trends or do anything you can to be different, i think the most important thing is that you, and nobody else, feel comfortable and like your style.

yeah i tend to wear what i want to but it has to be "in" at least a little bit or i'd come across as weird lol. Im not a sheep. ive always worn colour even if its not in fashion. Sometimes tho u dont have a lot of choice, it depends what the shops are selling. In the UK at the moment we have these tops and dresses that are in that are like from the 60's, bright colours and shapes, i do like them, so i got some, but also in fashion are those flat pumps, i think they're horrible, like an emo fashion. i wouldnt be seen dead in them no matter how fashionable they are.

This is kinda a girlie topic isnt it haha, sorry i made it more girlie.

I wear diffrent stuf.. Mostly just a jeans, and a tighetr black shirt without prints, with long or short sleeves. Than some white shirts, some shirts with color (Not that much, more green and brown and stuff), some tanktop's (black & white).. Than I got shorter pant's. And I got various jean's, from thight till regular till Baggy. I got allot of hoodie's, and I got some regular sweaters. Stuff like that.